Calcium levels

Oh @Erica, you are brilliant! Will have a listen on You tube-what a great title!

Best wishes
Helen

1 Like

Hi @helenfwallace, I’m so sorry to read about your experience at your haematology appointment. It sounds as though you did your best to advocate for yourself and find a compromise, though appreciate this is not always easy to do! I do hope you enjoyed your walk and feel a bit better. Do give us a call if you’d like to talk anything through or if we can support you at all (0808 2080 888).

Best wishes,
Tanya.

2 Likes

Hi @TanyaBloodCancerUK thank you for your kind words. The walk did help. Unfortunately when I get upset and stressed I drop all the balls and forget to do things. Forgot my pilates class today!

However I do really appreciate been on watch and wait at the hospital. The rest of the team have been pretty good.
Best wishes
Helen

1 Like

Oh @helenfwallace as I get confused about what day it is then it is a wonder I ever get to my Pilates too!!

Hi Helen, have just been reading about your experience from your phone consultation. Sounds very frustrating. I usually have telephone calls which I don’t mind if it’s straightforward but it feels a little rushed especially if there is something different happening. I think as time goes on I realise that there are questions I need to ask. I think you were right keeping to 6, monthly bloods, I am learning you need to keep on top of this. That’s why I like this group, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge. Best wishes.

1 Like

Hi,

I had a host of blood tests done on Tuesday, including a repeat PTH, serum calcium, magnesium, phosphate and vitamin D. I have a GP appointment tomorrow and I want him to review them in the context of my worsening problem with cramping and whether I should be referree to Endocrinology with regard to PTH levels and osteoporosis. The GP practice has signed them all off as normal so it might be quite a tricky conversation.

Best wishes
Helen

1 Like

Hi @helenfwallace I think you have every right to ask all your questions and concerns and clarify anything that you do not understand.
Perhaps write down your questions and concerns first.
An appointment is a two way process.
Please do let us know how you get on
I’ll be thinking of you, look after yourself

1 Like

Hi @Erica

Thank you for your support.
Todays visit to the doctor went very well. The doctor referred me straight away to Endocrinology.
No objections raised. I cant believe it! Thought I would be in for a fight given that this was about me having had the PTH hormone tested at different nhs hospital labs with widely different reference ranges. The doctor said I was entitled to a second opinion.

Helen

4 Likes

Hi @helenfwallace that went rather well if I may say so.
Good for you