Good to be alive moments in Lockdown2

I really envy you having a dog in the house @Corfu80 . I only ever had one growing up and I don’t think I could have another one after losing her as it’s too heart breaking but as I live constantly in rented accommodation I have to content myself with looking at pictures of other people’s pets. Don’t forget to post one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Franko @Erica @Nichola75
Sorry not answered before.

Meet ‘Orlagh’. Think it means golden princess in Irish.
Due to the current situation, the breeder has had to choose the pups for us.
‘pink collar to Christine, lots of energy but can be a bit fearful :anguished: As experienced terrier owners that seemed like something you could help her with!’
The next day she sent a video of her crying for attention.
Think we’ll have our work cut out!
The breeder then has to deliver each pup.
So 21st is still the delivery day @ the mo.

As you can see, I’ve been puppy shopping online.
A definite distraction for lockdown 3.
About a year ago I put our name on the Wheaten Terrier Rescue list. We had a phone call last Friday asking us to rehome a 2yr old ex-show female.
It’s just like 2 buses coming at the same time! She’d attacked the other female she lived with, so the answer had to be No sorry.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, just so adorable! Good job you’ve got lots of time for all that attention your new addition will need. I’m excited for you! Although, prob not as excited as you!

1 Like

Yes, I know the buses thing, a tough decision but perhaps the right decision.
As I said before we are all awaiting the 21st and the arrival of Orlagh. What a a lovely name and a des res already for her.
Not long now and then you won’t have a spare minute in lockdown.

1 Like

I want one :grin: How adorable.

1 Like

I think the whole litter could be sold on this site !!!
I wonder what others would call their puppy, if they had one, I am going for Bengy, Orlagh looks like a Bengy to me, sorry if I have offended you Orlagh at such an early age.

1 Like

@Erica
But surely ‘Bengy’ is a boys name?

2 Likes

Yep, Bengy is a boys name, what about Bengi?

1 Like

When I was FaceTiming my grandson today he can say ‘Orlagh’ so that’s it!

Wheaten Terriers are an Irish pedigree dog. So ‘Orlagh’ in Celtic means ‘golden princess’.
They have quite long hair, that doesn’t shed, & take quite a lot of grooming until they get their adult coat. At 2 or 3 I believe.

2 Likes

Hi @Corfu80, I can tell Orlagh will be taking all your time and attention !!

1 Like

That’s a perfect name! X

1 Like

Orlagh is in the building.
She’s absolutely adorable. I was a little worried as to what we’d let ourselves in for…but the first day & night went really well. Only one puddle on the carpet! That was our fault as she’d settled & slept for a couple of hours whilst we did a jigsaw. Suddenly realised she was awake but a little too late!
She cried, howled & whimpered for first hour of the night, then went silent. That was more concerning than the noise! Set alarm for 4 hrs, let her out, she did her business & I popped her back in her crate. Whimpered for 5 mins.
Came down @ 7:45, let her out, she did what she had to. Fed her, played for hour & now she’s asleep again @ my feet.
Let’s hope it carries on like this. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Oh @Corfu80, you are right she is adorable and knows how to pose for the camera already.
I wonder how you will get on with the 4hr alarm calls.
We expect regular pupdates.

Oh my goodness - that is the most adorable pup!

1 Like

Thank you @Corfu80 for sharing this beautiful photo of Orlagh! I just wish I could give her a cuddle. She looks like a bundle of fun! Please keep us updated on her progress and how you are getting on. Warm wishes. Willow x

1 Like

How is she settling in @Corfu80 ?

Hello All,
:dog: Day 4
Orlagh’s settling well during the day, only 1 puddle & that was our fault, we were distracted by a :jigsaw: & didn’t see her wake up.
She’s a bit of a monkey with her food likes & dislikes but think we’re getting there. Think she would eat better if she was fighting for her share with her siblings.
Nights are a different matter!
She definitely doesn’t like being put in her crate. Takes 1hr of whining, yapping & squealing before silence…then you wonder if she’s ok?
Then I set an alarm to let her out in 4hrs, usually need to get up myself anyway, put her out in garden, she performs & I place her back in her crate. She takes 1/2hr to quieten down again & sleeps until about 8amish.
But love :two_hearts: her to bits!

2 Likes

Gorgeous pic again - as much as its taking some time to settle in, you all look very happy! She will definitely bring lots of happy times - nothing better than a cheeky pup!

1 Like

Hi @Corfu80 Oh, what a lovely photo of the 3 of you. I cannot imagine her whining, yapping & squealing.
Thinking about it I need to go to the loo more in the night than she does, oh, I am glad that I have not got an outdoor loo though.
It’s very early days, you are all getting to know each other and she must miss her siblings.
I believe you mentioned that one of her siblings might be living fairly near and that all of you might all be able to meet up in the future, probably after her jabs, and compare notes. I wonder what Orlagh and her sibling would say !!!

1 Like

She must be a great comfort to have around @Corfu80 . I miss having an animal in the house, well a nice cuddly one at any rate (There have ones of a more rodent variety at times when living in rented accommodation!). let us know how she settles in.

2 Likes