Good to be alive moments in Lockdown2

Diary of Orlagh

Day 4
I have always said ‘No dog of mine would ever go upstairs’.
Well she was so distressed after 1/2hr locked in her crate on Sunday night that we couldn’t stand it.
I ended up taking the crate into my bedroom.
Orlagh spent 1/2hr acquainting herself with everything that was stored under the bed & trying to play with the puppy in the mirror but there was no way I could persuade her back into a crate.
So, I pulled out the old pillow shaped, clean, dog bed & she settled straight away. She attempted to come up with me twice but my stern tone paid off & she’s not tried that since.
She now goes straight to her bed when taken upstairs & sleeps like a baby. I have to wake her & take her in the garden every 3-4 hrs but she does what she meant to, sits to have her paws wiped & then settles back down upstairs straight away.
Not sure if I’ll ever get her to settle downstairs or not but at least we are all getting to sleep.
We’ve had 2 trips out in the car in the soft crate. She created for 5 mins the first time & then settled down, except she drools :drooling_face: think it’s nerves.
Second trip today not so good. Mrs forgot to put her in the garden before we went. Now all her crate bedding’s in the wash!
Vets tomorrow morning for first vaccinations. That’s a bit further in the car :blue_car:!

1 Like

It’s like looking after a newborn! But such a cutie x

1 Like

Orlagh, is definitely training you well.
I drool sometimes, I will look into whether it is nerves with me.
I await Day 5 and finding out how her first vaccination goes, it may give me some hints for when I go for my vaccine. I have noted the hint to go to the loo before leaving home.
Good luck to you all.

2 Likes

@Erica
You made me chuckle.

Orlagh Day 5

Orlagh did very well at the vets, vaccine given, heart checked out. She might need an orthodontist as her two lower canines are slightly out, 1 or 2mm!! Only joking :upside_down_face: they should sort themselves out when the adult ones come through.

Now I’ve got to research insurance. That’s a minefield!

2 Likes

Orlagh’s now 11 weeks & great fun. She runs around as though she’s got a rocket attached to her tail.
We went with Kennel Club insurance. It’s another minefield trawling pet insurance!

Off to vets for 2nd inoculations on Wednesday. Got to wait a week & then she can go & explore the world outside the front gate. She sits there & looks & whines to go further.

2 Likes

Keeping you on your toes! Look at that face though - just gorgeous. I bet she has really helped get through the last two weeks x

1 Like

@Corfu80, Gosh is Orlagh 11 weeks already and knows how to pose. I can just visualise her racing round.
At least she know when she will get her second inoculation, I don’t !!
Good luck when she is allowed out in the big wide world, we await.

1 Like

hi everyone, it’s so good to see this thread so active :+1:
and @Corfu80 how lovely to see those photos of Orlagh, she is very cute! :grin:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
Not been on the site for a while. Here’s a pic of Orlagh @ 22 weeks. She was trimmed by her breeder a couple of weeks ago, so she’s not quite as fluffy.
I realised that since having her I’ve not had one tearful :cry: day in this my 3rd lockdown.
Decided to meet with my dad & his dog Alfie for a lunchtime walk. Dad’s nearly 86 & who knows how much longer he’ll be able to take him for a walk every day.
You have to make the most of every day & not put things off.

1 Like

Oh @Corfu80, Orlagh and Alfie seem to be sussing each other out, is there a budding friendship there I wonder.
What a special time for you being able to meet with your dad and Alfie. I find it really brings it home to me how much I have missed relatives and friends, yes, priceless moments and we we really do need to make the most of them.
I love Orlagh’s haircut, very grown up, has she been able to meet up with her sibling yet?

Yes it’s certainly been very strange. I’ve only seen family once in the last year and a half and only then by snatching that brief reopening period last summer for my niece’s wedding. Not sen friends much either except online which is losing it’s novelty somewhat.

1 Like