Medical equipment - Ventilators, research and development

I am new to The Forum and it is still very confusing. This comment e.g. is not in the right place. I do not wish to start a new discussion but highlight the developments that will improve the recovery rate of this and other communities from the Corona Virus.

So, please fellow participants: send a thought to my son who is locked down somewhere in Cambridge tasked with designing and get into production 26,000 new Ventilators by mid April. If it only saves one person, it will have been worth his graft - and the tuition fee.

1 Like

High @Midnight-sun (what a lovely name) a great big welcome to our community forum and it certainly does not matter where you have posted your post. Yes, at this time our thoughts and great big thanks to your son and everyone pulling together during the virus, It has brought out the dedication, caring and support of so many people. How are you feeling at this time?

Fantastic work. Do pass on our congratulations and thanks for his contribution (and yours for bringing him up to do great work!)

1 Like

Hi, a great big welcome to our community forum. The forum is going to be even more vital during our self isolation and the wonderful Bloodwise support line is there for you as well, their details are above. How are you doing, thinking and feelings so we can all support each other, I know I am more fearful and anxious and I do not think the media are helping. Stay safe.

Wow @Midnight-sun what an exceptional project your son has been tasked with. Thank goodness for people like him! Hope you’re doing OK during this uncertain time.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies - I still think this is all done by mirrors!
There is so much kindness and ‘can do’ on these pages.
Today I got my call to solitary confinement for 12 weeks or 3 months, whatever seems the longest.

1 Like

Hi Midnight -Sun, this really is a community forum and I know I am going to need everyone’s support during the next 12 weeks (or 3 months!!) of isolation and I expect most of us will. And of course we are here to support each other through the high’s and low’s and practicalities. Please keep posting and stay safe.

1 Like

@Midnight-sun it’s so good to hear that you’re finding this forum welcoming and supportive. As Erica says, we are all here to support each other so please do keep in touch and let us all know how you’re getting on!

1 Like