Third Primary Dose Recorded as Booster

Hi
You are right to question whether its worth contacting your MP.
I did twice and the replies maybe go some way to explaining why we have been treated so badly.
First response was “you are only alive because of what weve done”, followed by even worse " we dont care if a million people a day catch covid as long as nobody dies". And yes these are direct quotes. Needless to say I wont contact my MP again.
I spent the best part of 6 weeks chasing up GP’s , my consultant, the CCG to finally achieve a provisional appointment for 3rd dose in 3 weeks. Like a lot of people I took the booster as the best course. The doctor at the vaccine centre had not heard of 3rd vaccine (I wonder how many actually read the letters from NHS) and said it would be registered as a booster. I think I know whats going to happen in 6 months time.
The situation has been so bad that some days I have seriously wondered if the delays were a deliberate obstruction.
The whole saga has heaped exhaustion and extra stress on patients at a time when weve already got more than our fair share.
I know some patients will have had a better experience than I have but on top of the battle I had to even get put on the vulnerable list it has left me very demoralised and with very little confidence left in my treatment “team”.
I think we are very fortunate to have had the support of Blood Cancer UK and am very appreciative of all they have done to help.

2 Likes

At least you got a response from your MP. I got nothing. Sent a further email last week telling him how disappointed i was with him considering he keeps going on about the nhs.

Boosters are supposed to be reclassified as 3rd primary when the records are matched up. Not sure i have a lot of faith in that either.

1 Like

Hi @KBull welcome to our forum and you realise you are not the only one struggling with this whole issue by reading the posts on here.
Look after yourself and take care. Please keep posting as I look forward to hearing more about you

After several weeks of silence, I’ve heard back from my MP . . . just an ‘update’ saying that she’s really sorry not to have an answer to my questions but she’s awaiting a response from her ‘Ministerial colleagues’!! I’ve replied, stating that waiting so long is unacceptable. I’m not holding my breath, and wonder what her next ‘update’ will be . . . no doubt not an answer to my questions but the ‘party line’ along the tone of your reply, KBull. We’re just so fortunate to have Blood Cancer UK and other charities working on our behalf to try to keep us all safe. Thankyou to everyone involved.

2 Likes

I’ve ended up thoroughly confused by the whole thing and still don’t know exactly what I was given (be it third dose or booster). I was in the i newspaper last week giving my tuppeny worth on the issue

2 Likes

Brilliant @Franko thanks so much for partaking in the article.

So understandable you’re confused. This page might be helpful as it talks about both the booster and the third dose - How to get a covid vaccine if you have blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK

Do give us a call if it might be helpful for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just checked the NHS app and seen than my third primary vaccination been recorderd as a booster. I stressed when I had the vaccination that it wasn’t a booster but obviously no one has taken any notice. I am not particularly bothered, very grateful to have had it, but I hope this won’t preclude me from having the booster jab in the future. Has anyone had their third vaccine correctly recorded?

1 Like

I was shown it being recorded as a third dose at the time but it doesn’t show up now either online or on the app (this is in Scotland).

1 Like

Hi @Thomas and @ilivesunshine I just moved your posts to this thread because as you can see you’re certainly not alone in your questions around this. The roll out and recording of it all has certainly been confusing! You might find it useful to read this post

2 Likes

I wonder why they are still isting it as booster on the NHS app Mine only appeared this week although I had the jab in September. I am not going to try to get it correctly recorded Too much hassle and also if it is announced booster is required for travel I will be best leaving it as it is.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas a great big welcome to our forum and as you you can see a lot of people have similar problems and concerns.
@Alice_BloodCancerUK has given you a good response.
If you would like to speak to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you.
I look forward to hearing more about you.
Look after yourself.

1 Like

That’s very welcome news @Alice_BloodCancerUK . Hopefully things will settle down now as long as the new variant doesn’t mess things up…

1 Like