Welcome back!

Travel insurance

Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance company that doesn’t cost more than the price of our airline tickets ? My husband amd myself ( he had high grade DLBCL( diffuse large B cell lymphoma )but has been in remission after his chemo treatment april
2017. We are traveling to America( NY)end of April
For a
2 week trip .

1 Like

Hi @johnson and welcome to the forum. I hated having to sort out insurance. The two I previously used are not operating anymore. I called Macmillan who provided me with some numbers if recommended companies. Might be worth a try? Lymphoma Action were helpful as well. I’ll have a look for some links and post back if I find them.
How are you keeping? Look forward to hearing more from you on the forum?
Here is a link to a conversation that took place on the forum. There may be some useful advice and information here.

1 Like

Here is the link to Macmillan’s travel insurance page:

I have used ‘All Clear Travel Insurance’ who were good but got quite expensive the last time I looked.

Let us know how you get on

1 Like

Hi @johnson a great big welcome and the million dollar question (literally !!)
I certainly cannot better @Nichola75 response to you.
I believe the Which magazine has given information in the past too.
Unfortunately insurance companies base their prices on the perceived risk of a claim and they don’t like compromised immune systems.
I look forward to hearing more about you and your upcoming trip.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @johnson and thank you for creating this thread! We have an older thread on this too just in case it can be helpful for you at all, Travel tips and travel insurance - do you have any tips to share? - Living with and after blood cancer - Blood Cancer UK Forum
It’s good to hear your husband is in remission! How are you both doing?

1 Like

Dear Erica and Nicola ,

Well yes I did book insurance ! I was amazoed how expensive Al clear was over £1,600
But in the end I boozed thru the below

That’s for 2 week trips in the states for my husband ( with lymphoma) amd myself amd with Covid cancellation cover .
I will let you know how we got on ! That quote was from being in remission come April 2022 over 5 years ……

All the best

Elise. Johnson

1 Like

Sorry for the typo below
‘I booked through ‘not ‘boozed through’ lol

1 Like

Thought you’d had to drink your way through it because it was so high :joy:

Oh @johnson I would have boozed through I think !!!
Thanks for the info, look after yourselves and enjoy NY at the end of April, something to look forward to.

1 Like