Our next supporter newsletter will be themed around summer and we are hoping to feature a compilation of travel tips to share with others. Below are some questions that may get you thinking about some advice/tips, but don’t feel you have to answer them all!
- Has having blood cancer affected the sort of holiday you choose? For example, has it changed the way you select a location, the length of time you’re away or the climate of the place you’re visiting?
- What else do you need to think about before going away? For example, if you’re on watch and wait, would you try to book a check-up just before you go?
- How has the experience of going on holiday changed since you’ve had blood cancer?
- How do you manage your symptoms or treatment side effects when you’re travelling? Has travelling made any of them worse?
- Have you had any issues getting travel insurance?
- Do you have any other tips for people travelling with blood cancer?
We’d love to highlight our fantastic community and the range of experiences here, so if you have any to add, please share below!