Vaccine waiting time home

While I am very grateful for the service that allows vulnerable members of society to have home vaccine Covid jabs, I am frustrated.
Originally I was told between 10-5.
I ring at 12:40 asking for update
I was told they would arrive before 1pm
Having made effort(disabled with primary progressive Multiple Sclerosis and Asthma ) to be up ready etc , getting up at 7am still no arrival 1:10pm :frowning:
Has anyone had similar problems?
@Erica @Rammie18

2 Likes

Oh I bet you are frustrated @anon06, but I have not even heard of a home vaccination service for Blood Cancer vulnerable people.
If you are anything like me you just do not want to be in the middle of anything when that doorbell rings, what a complete waste of time.
You must be exhausted and I hope your vaccinator arrives soon.

2 Likes

I am in very high risk group with Multiple Sclerosis Asthma & a medical history of several volumes sadly. I am in remission from Blood Cancer

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of such service but makes sense there is one.

Definitely feel your frustration. Maybe you can request a callback so then it doesn’t leave you on their leash so to say

1 Like

Hi @anon06 I have been thinking about you all afternoon and I am really hoping that you have had your vaccination by now.
Dare I ask???
Thank you, I now understand the reasons for your vaccination being at home.
Yes, my hospital medical notes are from quite a few of their departments.
Having had a breast cancer scare my next appointment was with another department and the male consultant opened my notes and all I could see was a picture of my breasts.
Look after yourself

1 Like

@Erica Thanks
I FINALLY got jab, never got a proof of vaccination card, was told to wait five days and get written proof via 119.

1 Like

@anon06 I did get a proof of vaccination card this time, but not last time???

@Erica
I was told they stopped giving vaccination cards at Christmas and they don’t give them anymore.
Now for this next point I have chosen my words carefully, because I don’t want to offend anyone & am certainly not racist
The person who administered my vaccination was not English or British, I have no problem with that, however she failed to understand what I was saying sufficiently and vice versa, perhaps when choosing the person who administeres vaccine, clarity in English and British should be considered. We “got there” in the end, but it was very stressful, I could see the confusion in her eyes comprehending what I was saying and in the broader scale it would be very stressful for people who have hearing impairments. The language barrier and understanding why there was no card made the whole process longer, in addition I was asked for my NHS number which I have never been asked before.
I also had to tell her to wear her mask properly, it was on her chin, I am in the high risk group. “ok” if people wear masks explanations may take longer, but I do expect a persons English to have more clarity in the first place. Of course I’m blaming who chose her for the job. I’m not expecting somebody to speak "the queens English ", but communication in terms of clarity was like giving a tourist directions who had visited a country for the first time, when both people don’t understand what the other is saying.
The nhs worker was friendly enough, but the communication clarity was a problem.
@BloodCancerUK @LauranBloodCancerUK
I have tagged you in this because I think the language barrier is an important part of feedback discussions with “powers that be”

I now must wait 5 days to get proof of vaccination, find out what vaccine I was given, the batch number and I don’t know who gave the vaccine. Also guide sheets were not given with vaccines as to what to do if I get side effects.

I was asked if I had any allergies.