Walk of Light - for those who enjoy walking

Hi @Franko I am sorry to hear about your mobility problems take it steady on the 27th and £375 is a brilliant amount to raise.

1 Like

Hi Franco
I agree with Erika! Take it easy with your mobility issues, proud you are making the attempt … and your find raising is brilliant xx

1 Like

Woo! Yay at £611 this morning and 5 families joining me from their homes.
Currently looking for lantern type thing that’s not too heavy - any suggestions? Xx

1 Like

Hi @ChrisCKW Woo! yay, is there no stopping you and your fundraising and getting people to join you.
As to a lantern type thing a torch would suffice.
As you say about a lantern you want it to be not too heavy and able to go on your walk without going out.
When are garden centres and DIY stores open? I saw the joke when someone asked what were the Woolworths opening hours !!
My answer to all shopping queries is that if Sainsburys on line or Amazon don’t sell it, I will do without. I suppose there are also places like Wilco or Argos to consider.
Please let us know your fundraising ideas and what you get as a lantern as it might help others.

1 Like

:+1:t3:
I’ve found light filled balloons on Amazon … think they’re the sort of things that will be perfect! And yes I’ll have a torch too but wanted to make it positive and bright x

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Thinking I’ll affix to a bamboo cane.

1 Like

I love that idea, I may need to get some :grinning:

1 Like

Been somewhat hampered in my walking practice as i had another bad reaction to my zometa this week and also another attack of bone pain in my hand which means I going very slowly typing messages on here today. Good luck to all taking part!

1 Like

Oh @ChrisCKW those are absolutely stunning and so fitting

Walked with my sister and our dogs. Got home and my husband had decorated the drive.
Raised £900 :grinning:

1 Like

Wow, @SP7, what a very special evening and you your sister and dogs have raised so much money as well. Your drive looks stunning.

Orlagh & I walked 3km in 3/4 of an hour. She thought I was mad. She only walked within the light from my head torch. When I left home I had £40 of sponsorship, by the time I returned it was over £100…to date it’s £260!
I only ever signed up because I could, in memory of 4 out patient friends who weren’t as lucky as me. I’m so touched that my FB friends have reached out. I find sponsored things embarrassing.

1 Like

Oh, what a great photo of you and Orlagh @Corfu80. You often wonder what your pet thinks, don’t you.
I am so impressed with the money you have raised, I find fundraising so embarrassing too, I wonder if anyone else does?

Hi everyone, it has been so lovely to hear of what you got up to on Saturday and see some really lovely photos :relaxed: A very big well done to all involved!! and thank you @Corfu80 - we always love a dog photo! :smiley:

1 Like

I did the walk last Saturday which is why I was absent from here as i was nursing all of my bone pains. I’m certainly not in the same kind of condition I was in a few years ago when I walked 67 miles around the Isle of Wight coastline in a day. I haven’t really walked anywhere for years due to the bone pains and mobility issues so I was testing myself to see where I’m at. I managed about 12 miles which was ok for someone in my level of fitness. It felt a bit strange doing a charity walk with no one else but Blood Cancer UK are 620 pounds to the better for unusual Saturday outing. Wish it had been a tad warmer. Below me sporting my trendy purple and orange accessory :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh @Franko, you are looking great and I am so impressed with your 12 mile walk of light and raising £620 for Blood Cancer UK, wonderful. I hope your aches and pains are subsiding now. You certainly passed your personal test give yourself a great big pat on the back.

@Franko
Well done you!
12 miles!
I thought you said you were unsure of taking part.
The way I look at it…every £ raised is a bonus & can assist BC UK in so many ways.
Well done to everyone.

1 Like

I signed up in a moment of madness and then realised I only had a month to train. I decided to be realistic about how far I went as my legs are not very strong.

2 Likes