A Fidgety sort of day

Good evening @clickinhistory, and everyone else, hope you are keeping well (or as well as possible!), despite the weather.

Sleep, ah what a blessed relief we like to think it will be, then we either get too much sleep, and feel rubbish, or (more often than not!) insufficient sleep, and still feel rubbish! I can’t remember the last time I had a full night’s sleep, without interruption, and to wake up feeling refreshed and raring to go, but I think it was before my first moment of medical madness (heart attack) back in September of 2017. It’s strange what the body can do to itself, and also the way that we are able to adapt, adjust and overcome, with varying levels of success.

I do know that my own fatigue levels are getting worse and more pronounced and having an unwanted effect on my quality of life.

As always, take care, stay safe, be kind to yourself, and keep smiling.

Jimbo165

2 Likes

@Jimbo165 I think it has not helped that I knew I was off travelling and just working from the house, so it was sort of safe to just crash.
Due another leech visit next week thanks to the Sister deciding she was taking over my treatment.
It is the hard part of trying not to feel guilty about not doing the tasks you should be doing.
I find my free form creative focus is fine most of the time, like driving distances, it is the fixed focus of forms, paperwork etc that is hard and of course, not doing those tasks makes you feel bad.
Do you sleep out in the cab? Tend to find sleep in the cab most of the time fine.
But I have made myself go for walks, even though my body is feeling sore, and was rewarded by Spring revealing herself, just before the snow arrives :wink:
Have a Colgate weekend :wink:

1 Like

@clickinhistory, well I have just completed my first full week since the start of December last year and, boy, has it been a tough one! I have had a series of 3 day weeks, to use up annual leave, coupled with the festive period and a hospital visit last Friday. I’m with you on the blood letting as I had two lots of that last week; one in readiness for my appointment, and then another for my annual Chronic Heart Disease review, but I think the practice nurse at my doctors clearly doesn’t like me as I am still bruised from that one!

I totally agree with you on the guilt feelings! There are so many “tasks and chores” that I see that need doing around the house but think "stuff it, I haven’t got the energy to do them.

No, fortunately I am always “out and back” in the same day. During my long and extensive HGV driving career, which began back in the 1990’s, I’ve only had 3 night’s of “tramping”, and two of those didn’t need to be but I was covering for the regular guys on those two runs and didn’t want to rock the boat, so to speak. I did once fall asleep at work in the canteen during a lunch break, which caused a lot of distress and concern as it was so totally out of character for me, and it took one of my “work daughters”, who also happened to be my line manager, to come and wake me up, and to this day I’m not sure who was the most embarrassed! :rofl:

Yes, the weather is certainly being quite variable just now, and I have a forecast for sleet and snow appearing during the week ahead here in not so sunny Hinckley.

Visiting (biological) daughter No4 tomorrow and then a day of rest on Sunday before an exciting day of Driver CPC on Monday. Somebody at Head Office clearly has a warped sense of humour as this years chosen topic is “Driver Health and Well Being”! You couldn’t make this stuff up!

Take care and be good.

Jimbo165

2 Likes

@Jimbo165 she was just inspired by that young lad at the darts :wink:
LOL I have to book my CPC, currently studying for Urban Driver and it does not count towards your CPC believe it or not!
Seems it is now in the Highway code, everyone can drive like idiots and no matter what, it is the lorry drivers fault and responsibility for the manner of their driving.
Well enjoy the visit to your daughter’s :wink:

1 Like