No definite diagnosis of a 'rare' chronic B cell leukaemia/lymphoma

Hi @lousyT. Have you discussed your worries with the school?

1 Like

Thanks Erica! I have a few of those, but sometimes itā€™s difficult to know which ones are caused by other issues e.g. I have high bp, but I do get out of breath easily. I also have joint issues, but itā€™s probably for other reasons. Itā€™s sometimes difficult to know the reason, but the list is helpful. I guess thatā€™s why the consultant just runs through all my other weird ailments, just to see if things link up!

1 Like

Hi Nichola, thank you for your reply. Yes, unfortunately I have, but they have said that if my daughter doesnā€™t attend, they will get the local authority involved (education welfare officers). So itā€™s difficult to know what to do when this issue comes up again soon. Some schools are more understanding than others it seems.

1 Like

Sorry Franko, thank you for your reply - I havenā€™t been on much. Iā€™m quite lucky in that my consultant is a nice, friendly man, I just find that heā€™s quite intellectual and Iā€™m not on his level! I have felt a bit isolated by other peopleā€™s reactions - in my case I think that a lot of people donā€™t really understand what a chronic blood cancer is vs. an acute one because Iā€™m not having treatment at the moment. I hope that you donā€™t feel so alone any more and have support

1 Like

Thanks @lousyT . Iā€™ve learned to adapt and call on people when I need them. Often people in a place like this are more useful as everyone has had related experiences whereas friends and family, however well meaning donā€™t really get it. Hope youā€™re doing ok. Let us know how you get on.

2 Likes