Severe itching have ET

I have been suffering with itching burning sling for about a year. That is the reason I consulted the doctor in the first place.
Almost a year on, after I was eventually diagnosed with ET and prescribed Hydroxycarbamide. I have had venesections, a bone marrow biopsy but no progress to Myelofibrosis was found. Last time I asked my consultant if my diagnosis was ET or VE, she couldn’t t give me an answer. But I am still suffering with the most awful itching skin …it is more than an itch, it is a torment, burning feeling that can go on all day and , at times, makes me feel suicidal. No thing but nothing can sooth it. I have tried cold water, different creams and lotions. In desperation I have booked to see a hypnotherapy.
My hospital has, I feel, abandoned me. When I try to ring my allocated nurse, she is never available. I have run out of medication and although I asked the hospital to send me some more, they haven’t done so. I rang again this morning but I had to leave a message as there was none available to talk to me.

1 Like