About to start my chemopherapy for Multiple Myeloma

Hi @Mayo57, welcome and just read away, you can always post when you feel ready, we would love to hear all about you.

1 Like

Thanks @Nichola75 . I now have my dates for stem cells transfer which will be the 2/8 with a period of preparation and intervention beforehand. My feet still bother me but I am okay and it is refreshing to have this site to link into.

2 Likes

Thanks Erica I now have my dates for stem cells transfer which will be the 2/8 with a period of preparation and intervention beforehand. My feet still bother me but I am okay and it is refreshing to have this site to link into.

2 Likes

Thanks, @petergreenfield, @erica, I now have my dates for stem cells transfer which will be the 2/8 with a period of preparation and intervention beforehand. My feet still bother me and i have some back pain, but I am okay and it is refreshing to have this site to link into.

2 Likes

Hope it goes well Danmar. I have my date for stem cell harvesting for the 2nd august and then we will see whether i am ready for the transplant. Everything very busy right now as I am between two hospitals but taking one day at a time.

2 Likes

Hi , my treatement starts august too , so will be interesting to see how we both fare. My treatment will be in the East Midlands.

2 Likes

Hi @Mayo57 nice to year from you. I still have back pain like you and tingley feet. Good luck for your stem cell harvest, itā€™s ok just a long process. Hope they get all they need in one day. Let us know when your transplant will be and good luck for the following weeks. xx

3 Likes

Hello again - thatā€™s great that you have a date for your stem cell transplant. The time will come around so quickly. How are you feeling about it all?

1 Like

Oh, @Lyn99, I do like to know where I am with a date in the diary.
I am sorry that your feet are still bothering you,.
Please let us know how the preparation and intervention go beforehand and how you are feeling and thinking about everything.
Stay safe.

1 Like

Hi Mayo57. Hope all goes well for your stem cell harvest. I had mine in April and it was over three days. But a lot of people can do it in one day. I think they like to collect enough cells for transplant and then have extra harvesting just in case they are needed at a later date. The whole experience was pretty easy but be prepared to keep both arms straight outā€¦ without moving for quite a few hours. That was the hardest part for me as Iā€™m quite fidgety!!! Let us know how you get on. Mine was done in Belfast :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi @Danmar. Sounds like it all went quite smoothly. How are things for you now?

1 Like

Hi @Danmar, thanks your experiences are so useful.
Whatā€™s going on for you now?

1 Like

Hi Erica Just waiting for my appointment on the 19th to see if I need more Chemo to settle these badly behaving bloods! ( paraprotiens are to high for transplant at the moment ) Iā€™ll let you know

1 Like

Letā€™s hope those badly behaved bloods get sorted quickly! Please let us know how you get on on the 19thšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Hi @Danmar I hope those badly behaving bloods start behaving better.
Yes, you make sure you let us know how you get on after your appointment on the 19th.
Take lots of care.

1 Like

Hi @Danmar, good for nothing paraproteins! Hope you get some good news on the 19th. I used to get a little obsessed with how much the levels had gone down, found myself trying to work out what the level might be and would be disappointed if it hadnā€™t moved much! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Lyn99 and @Danmar, why do I obsess about the few blood test results that are out of the ā€˜normalā€™ and not celebrate the ones that are within the so called ā€˜normalā€™ range.
I know my anxiety and fears whizz back before, during and after medical appointments.

3 Likes

Thank you for taking time to respond. My sister sent me a video clip which was very good to explain in more detail how things will look snd I could properly see equipment used.

I think last week August first week September will be my possible date.

I will let you know

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not to far away is it. How are you feeling about it all?

2 Likes

@Mayo57 I have just responded to your other post.
I was just looking at the calendar for something else and I thought I donā€™t know where August is going to.
How you are feeling things?
Look after yourself and I wonder if you are like me and always writing lists !!!

2 Likes