Advice Please!

My name is Lawrence. I am 69 and I was thinking I was fit for a 69 year old. Playing Badminton twice weekly, joined Aqua classes few weeks ago with intention to shed some weight. For few months now, my wife was complaining about smelly urine. Fortunately, I go an appointment with GP in the first week of September 2026. I had a casual discussion withe GP and requested for routine blood test to check my liver and kidney functions. Even though, my routine blood test due after two months, he was kind enough to request a blood test. I had my blood test on 17th September 2026 and could see my results on NHS app on 18th September 2026. Some of the words/names were jargon to me. However, my wife recognised the Neutrophil count was below 0.1. I got a call from the GP to see the hematologist on 21 september 2026. Things were moving fast. I had blood tests in the SDEC followed by Bone Marrow Biopsy. I was discharged and had further blood tests. As my temperature was above 38*C, I was taken to A&E on Saturday and put in Isolation ward with antibiotics. As my temperature and BP returned normal, I was discharged on Tuesday. I am still waiting for fully Biopsy report and treatment plan. This whole thing has come as a surprise to me. I am a diabetic, with high blood pressure. I would like to know from kind people in this forum if there is an immediate danger to my life? Sorry, I do not know if I should have started ‘new conversation/thread’!!!

1 Like

Hi @Lawrence

I’ve just responded to your post on the other thread.

Just to summarise I think question of immediate danger to life one for your Haematology Team.

My non medical thought is that you wouldn’t have been discharged if they weren’t happy with things following the temperature spike.

The @BloodCancerUK_Nurses may well be able to offer a perspective and I have tagged them in this response

Hope that helps