Awaiting or considering or had a stem cell transplant, a place to share here

That must be so hard for you. I hate anything being cancelled, especially something like this!
A new baby is always something to look forward to so I’m glad that’s on the horizon and takes away some of that disappointment x

3 Likes

Oh how awful @Summertime . I remember lots of delays and frustrations when I had my SCT. It took about 4 months on total.

4 Likes

Is there anyone else waiting for a date for stem cell transplant? We have booked a few days away just for a change of scenery and whilst I am feeling well and able. Hopefully the sun will find its way back to us, its been pouring all day today xx

3 Likes

Where are you off to @Summertime ?

3 Likes

Hi @Summertime, that sounds good to me, where are you going and I want to hear all about it and let’s hope the sun shines for you, enjoy.

3 Likes

@Nichola75 @Erica we are going to The Peak District for some strolling around. Hoping the weather is good enough to have a few meals outside a few lovely village pubs xx

3 Likes

Wow, that sounds so good to me @Summertime

2 Likes

That sounds like just what you need x

3 Likes

Hi @Summertime You so deserve a wee break away!! I hope the weather is good enough for you. Looks like you and I are still on the waiting game …., had my appointment today and bloods still not good so more Chemo for me. At the very least another 28 day cycle :frowning: So that would bring me up until October too. Enjoy yourself and have some lovely walks ( weather permitting ). Xxxxx
You’ve still your wee grandson to look forward to :heart:

3 Likes

Oh, @Danmar you must be so, so anxious and disappointed, I would be gutted, we will be here all along and whenever, don’t you worry.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing. Fingers crossed for the end of October!

3 Likes

Oh @Danmar So sorry to hear this. It feels like it’s never going to end. I try to put it out of my mind and just carry on as best I can. How are you feeling? I am lucky to be feeling quite well xx

3 Likes

Hi @Danmar, thank you for asking. I’m doing ok but bloods haven’t settled yet so had a transfusion the other day to give me a bit more energy. The Hickman line should be out on Tuesday morning as long as blood tests are acceptable Monday. Be nice to have that removed. I also think there is some darker shadowing on my head so hair is thinking about growing!! All looking positive but I think patience is a virtue after the transplant. Still having gsf injections to boost the counts so hope they will settle soon.
I’m sorry to hear that you need another round of chemo, you must be really fed up with it but keep positive, it will happen. I had eight sessions to get mine down as low as possible so it’s all worth it in the end. Do let us know how you are doing.
Love and hugs, thinking of you xx

3 Likes

Hi @Summertime, that’s really frustrating but good you have alternatives available. What lovely news that your daughter is having a baby soon, how exciting and a lovely distraction. The transplant will come soon enough, go with the flow and take extra special care of yourself. Thinking of you xx

4 Likes

Yes @Lyn99 the whole process is complicated and involved and everybody goes at their own pace. Great that your hair is thinking of coming back., In my case I have so little that nobody noticed :slight_smile:
Very frustrating time for you @Danmar . I hope things get better.
Enjoy the Peak District @Summertime you’ll have a great time and really deserved.

5 Likes

Well lovely people the Consultant who is doing my SCT feels although my bloods are not perfect they are at a plateau so he is happy to go ahead. It’s a different hospital Trust I am going to and he thinks another dose of chemo wouldn’t make a lot of difference. So…… I’m going in tomorrow!!! :scream: @Summertime I am so thinking of you but your time will come.
@Lyn99 and @ Chris I hope you’re both recovering ok xx

Well Guys I will keep you all informed :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Wow @Danmar it’s really happening, I am so, so pleased for you after all this uncertainty.
Please do keep us informed when you can, I will be thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness. It’s really happening. Special wishes coming your way. How you feeling?

4 Likes

Oh wow @Danmar, good luck and please keep us informed. I will be thinking about you and hoping all goes smoothly xxx

3 Likes

Thanks @Lyn99, I am just taking it a day at a time. How are you doing?

Have had a lovely few days in Derbyshire, lots of walking, Monsal trail, Bakewell and a few nice pub lunches, few glasses of wine. I could be fooled into thinking I am normal (apart from my wig).
Our new baby is coming on 1st Oct so I will get a cuddle before all the drama starts. This is my 4th grandchild :heart:

4 Likes