Awaiting potential myeloma diagnosis - advice appreciated

I go for my results this Tuesday coming. Bit weary as I’m going alone.

Hope you’re well dawn x

2 Likes

We’re here for the wobbles, really hope things go okay. I’m very well thank you Zoe :smiley: Remember our support services are here too, 0808 2080 888 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (Weds 10am-1pm) or via support@bloodwise.org.uk if you ever want to talk about anything.

2 Likes

Hi, we will all be thinking of you on Tuesday and Dawn has given you the Bloodwise support line details. I find taking a notepad with me with all my questions, fears, thoughts and feelings helps me as my mind goes blank as soon as I walk into my hospital. This community forum has helped me take my time, ask my questions and follow up questions. The waiting is the worst part, take care of yourself.

1 Like

Hi Zoe,
I hope you will be all right on Tuesday. As Erica says the waiting is the worst part.
Take care
Love
Yvonne xx

2 Likes

Went for my results today, haematologist has now discharged me. He said my Iga was 50 and was not concerned that this was slightly over the normal. Mri showed ‘wear & tear’ (whatever this means) so now wants my GP to monitor my levels every 4-6 months.

I’ve been reading about MGUS, but he never specifically said this. Now I’m concerned if it’s not mgus or myeloma why would he want me monitored.

1 Like

Hi Zoe, do you have a number for the clinic or a nurse in the clinic, as it might be worth calling to ask and getting some clarity? Do you know what levels it is he was referring to that need monitoring 4-6 monthly? I’m sorry you didn’t get a straight answer from the appointment. Hopefully the letter they write post appointment will shed more light?

1 Like

Hi dawn

I think he said my protein levels for Iga. I don’t feel like he was very helpful when I was asking questions. I think because my liver enzymes were so high he may be saying that the Iga was raised for this reason rather than myeloma.

Thank you for all your help and support

1 Like