Bone marrow biopsy

Wow! Definitely an accomplishment!

1 Like

Oh @Jimbo165 changing the dressing on your back must have been more than a challenge. I hope a mirror was not involved, I am so useless withy a mirror my hand goes one way when it should go the other.
It is so true we smile sweetly and say thank you with tears pouring down our faces and then as soon as we can we shout or scream out loud, and not in the privacy of my mind like you.
Look after yourself.

I had a few in the early days of diagnosis and they did seem to vary even though it was always the same doctor doing it. I do remember a lovely nurse present at one who held my hand and told me i could squeeze as hard as i wanted to. she was very reassuring and it helped. It is the little things i think.

I had another one 2 years ago and built it up in my head to be horrendous but this one seemed to be easier. It is always done on my right which suits me as i had a DEXA bone density scan as i am on medication for something else that can affect the bones and they need a hip which has not been used for biopsy. I do seem to feel worse an hour or so after the biopsy, when the local anaesthetic has worn off. It feels like i have been kicked in the back. I tried going to work the day after one of them once but that was a mistake. A day of rest is best.

I remember talking to someone in the waiting room once after he had had his biopsy and he had no problems what so ever. We are all very different. It is not nice but it is bearable.

3 Likes