Bone marrow transplant at Addenbrookes

Thanks so much Quentin, it’s all about of a rollercoaster at the moment but I’m feeling quite well and he weeks keep getting me closer to transplant. It’s very comforting to read positive stories as there are some shockers out there!
Keep happy and positive :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Maple, that’s really interesting, thanks so much. My transplant will be here before I know it so the more I can prepare the better. You would think that knowing the state our neutrophils are in, there would be healthy, nutritious food options available but thanks for the heads up!
Xx

3 Likes

It must just be a roller coaster of emotions!

1 Like

Yes @Nichola75, @Maple has really helped. Great tips re asking for the food. And reassuring too with regard to care levels.

2 Likes

Shows the value of the forum and the great people who are part of it. You take care :blush:

2 Likes

How are you doing @Summertime :blush:

1 Like

I’m doing ok thanks. Just finished 2nd chemo block. I have nasty mouth sore but apart from that I feel pretty good. I know have a few weeks off chemo to let my levels come up then I have an inpatient stay for 4 nights when I have methatroxite which apparently is highly toxic so I will have iv fluids running along side it. We have mtg with consultant on wed so looking forward to hearing about my match. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Summertime. Everything sounds really full on at the moment. I don’t think there is anything worse than mouth ulcers. Hoping you’ve managed to find ways to ease it? Please let us know how you get on with you appointment regarding your match. How are you feeling about everything. A range of emotions? Make sure you are taking good care of yourself! Lots of love X

3 Likes

Hi @Summertime great to hear from you, you must be exhausted.
Oh, that mouth sore sounds really nasty, any handy hints for easing or healing a mouth sore?
Please let us know how you get on on Wed with your consultant.

3 Likes

Hi @Summertime, just wanted to say that we have this information booklet about Stem Cell Transplants here Blood stem cell and bone marrow transplants booklet | Blood Cancer UK Shop (you can order a posted copy and/or download online).
Also, just wanted to make you aware of this thread too, just in case it’s useful for you to read through more people’s experiences.
We’re only a phone call away if there’s anything you want to talk through with us!

4 Likes

I hope your meeting on Weds went well; I was at my consultant on Thursday so I was thinking of you @Summertime.

2 Likes

How did you get on @ChrisCKW?

2 Likes

It all went well thank you @Nichola75 - I posted this morning on the CMML thread - if I knew how I’d put a link here ….
Let me see if I can do that xx
Edited - have copied what I put there ….

. I was so happy! Absolutely shattered yesterday - with legs and tummy so sore from chemo and buttock/hip painful from bone tests I struggled to sleep Thursday night. But I was happy! And v happy today.
Can’t thank you enough for the support and the ability to talk about news good and bad.

Ps got a free wig from Maggie’s - so I have a lovely starter until I know what will happen to hair (whether it will grow back or not).

1 Like

Just saw that one and it was a lovely read.

2 Likes

How is it going Chris?

1 Like

Hi @Quentin doing ok. Hiccups of course -

I thought all of this had been moved to the topic
‘Awaiting or considering or having Stem Cell Transplant…’ topic.

How are you? And can you find what seems to be the main topic thread? X
But @Summertime and I are both being treated at Addenbrookes- I’ve yet to see her there.
Xx

3 Likes