Does anyone feel worse being on medication than not being?

@Erica

She is quality… well when shes not nagging at me :frowning:

1 Like

@Nichola75 cool… Now added to my CV

1 Like

Hi Rammie,
You’ve hit the nail on the head and thankyou because I had my problem long before it was picked up on a routine blood test. Back then I was feeling absolutely fine. When I started treatment I felt ok too but I’ve been sure the treatment has just stopped me being as active as I was. The fatigue and just not having the energy to do what I used to really gets me down. The fed up feeling never used to be there…. I just want to stop the meds but I know I can’t.
You take care

4 Likes

Oh @Angie you sound in a really tough place. I suppose I remember my mother saying that it is the medicine that tastes the nastiest that does you the most good, a terrible analogy I know, but what a position for you to be in. Obviously you are doing the right thing, you are not the only one, but it might be worth asking your medical team about.
You must feel so fed up but keep on telling us how it is for you, I sometimes find it helps to actually put ‘pen to paper’ and we are here for you.
Does anyone else feel the same?

1 Like

@Angie you’re very welcome…

It’s so important to see and read you’re not alone both for the good and the bad …

Sorry you’re feeling the same too… sometimes ignorance is bliss but when it comes to cancer, the earlier it’s worked on the more chance of repair even if it means completely dismantling.

Hang in there… You’ve got this…

2 Likes

I hate that fed up feeling - especially when it takes a while to lift. Take care of yourself and keep posting x

2 Likes

Argh… Had another injection on Friday and the itching preventing me from sleeping glad returned andl with avengenc. Hand shoulders and back tingling with a mixture pins and needles like something is crawling frantically under my skin… It’s unbearable…

1 Like

Hi @Rammie18, that must be so hard can imagine is driving you crazy! It’s and enough in this heat without having something else to contend with. How long does it usually last?

2 Likes

@Rammie18 I am so sorry to hear the horrible time that you are having, Take lots of care and be kind to yourself and keep letting us know how you are doing.

2 Likes

Thank you @Erica @Nichola75

It was the first night I decided not to take a sleeping tablet, as I thought it was a Saturday and less warranted but won’t be making that mistake.

It’s only my third injection so I’m just recording how I’m feeling and when and for how long so I can compare next time and then bring it to the attention of my GP or haemotologist.

Sorry Saturday night was a nightmare but I think it’s starting to settle (touchwood).

Thanks again for you ears

1 Like

Hi @Rammie18 sorry to hear that Saturday night was a nightmare for you.
I have tp say I think recording your symptoms and how you are feeling etc. so that you can tell your GP or haematologist is a brilliant idea and of course letting us know too. Take care.

1 Like

We all have days like those. A diary is such a good idea @Rammie18. You take care and keep us updated :blush:

2 Likes

You sound like a man more in control. I think you can see that whilst it is annoying in the moment, itching and not sleeping, that it will pass. Always good to apply your brain to thinking how your students can be helped a busy brain cannot focus on oneself. I loved my teaching career and especially the joy from my bottom maths sets when they got that eureka moment and understood something!:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

For sure … I’ve loved my bottom set GCSE class this year . They proper kept me going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Rammie18 I bet that your students are so lucky to have such an enthusiastic, dedicated teacher.

2 Likes

I second that. Ramie your heart is definitely in the right place.

2 Likes

@Rammie18 I come bit late into this tread but yes I know exactly what you mean. Apart from recurring infections I didn’t feel ill. But now on the medication to keep my neutrophils up because my doctor can’t be bothered to start another chemo round, I feel absolutely rubbish… to a point when my whole body aches… or my knees are singing halleluja and painkillers only work for a short while.

2 Likes

Hi @MoMo. That sounds really rubbish for you. Have you talked to your consultant about it. I wondered what his/her response had been?

1 Like

Hi @Nichola75 last time I spoke with a doctor (although not my usual) I was told to speak with my usual doctor next time I’ll see him. I was also told that if it’s not limiting my life, to which I said it’s affecting my work, not much to be done… I’m seeing, hopefully, my usual doctor next week so fingers cross he takes this seriously.

2 Likes

Oh, @MoMo rubbish really seems to describe how you are feeling so clearly.
I hope you can be assertive (although it is difficult when you are feeling so rough) with your usual doctor and really tell him your symptoms and how you are really feeling and ask him what he can suggest.
Also you say that your doctor ‘can’t be bothered’ to start another chemo round, perhaps you might have further questions around that which you would like answers to.
We await hearing how you get on and in the meantime take lots of care of yourself, you and your body have been through a lot and building back up takes a long time.

3 Likes