MRI of cervical spine results

I’m ok I guess, just seem to get lots of bugs and viruses which I suppose is normal for someone who is immunocompromised. It’s a bit tiresome and draining at times but I make the best of things and do as much as possible. Sounds like you’re having things tough. I hope things improve for you. Unfortunately living a healthy life is no guarantee. My sister is probably the healthiest person I know but she’s on her second cancer now and had a much worse time than me.

1 Like

Hi to you all,
I feel so awful today. I rang the GP for my urine result, engaged, then in the queque, then next caller & then line is disconnected! I rang the lab took the sample to & they told me they didn’t have it! After 10 minutes theyvsaid it had been sent to another Hospital who did this testing. I rang there & was told it had been sent to yet another Hospital & now it’s lost. I have to go to collect another form ect tomorrow. So worrying.

1 Like

I finally spoke to a receptionist later today & she said my blood results were back & all ok. I then asked if the Myeloma screening results were back or just the basics & the Myeloma ones are not there but if I had not asked I wouldn’t have known.
My iron, folate, B12, liver, kidney all normal & my CRP is 5
I have to repeat the ESR test as there was no sample take for that the report said! I don’t understand how as it was not busy in fact I was the only one there having blood taken.

1 Like

Just want to thank you all for your support.

2 Likes

Hi Jude what a worrying time you’ve had its just like "I don’t believe it "So I expect your blood results for Myeloma will take a little longer.Im so sorry to hear that you have to repeat the urine test .I always ask for my blood test results to be e mailed to me so I can keep a watch if there are any changes.It must be a really frustrating time for you and I hope all goes well the next time and you get the other result soon.
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Oh @Jude13 you must be anxious, exhausted and so frustrated chasing your results please look after and be kind to yourself. oh, and keep posting

1 Like

Goid idea. I will email the receptionist to ask them to email them.

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Your welcome@Jude13,I’ve found it helps me to feel more in control just to have the results myself rather than just "being told "
Good luck
Bannanacake

1 Like

Hi @Jude13, I agree with @Bannanacake I have always had copies of my blood test results. I certain do not know what all the results mean and how they interact with each other but I can see if something is out of the normal range (which of course some are)and if they look a lot higher or lower than than they were.
Yes, it does feel as if I have a bit of control in scary times. When I was diagnosed my GP said I needed to own my condition, I had no idea what she meant at the time.
My anxiety levels still rise before and during medical appointments, we are only human.
As I say please be kind to yourself and all feelings and thoughts are yours, if you can accept them, in time, I find it makes them more manageable.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I rang my GP practice but again was unable to receive a call back from any GP as it’s only emergencies. I discovered the Bence Jones test has been located! Also, the Myeloma blood results are back. Unfortunately, there was no GP to read them! I asked if a practice nurse could call me back as I have not felt well the past few days but the receptionist said maybe not as this would be decided by the nurse! Receptionist just rang & said the nurse said all tests ok.

1 Like

I feel happy but also afraid to be happy, incase the nurse has only seen the basic blood tests that arrived earlier in the week & which had been reported on. I have now emailed asking for the results to please be sent to me .
If they are all clear, does this mean no more testing required for the red areas discovered on my cervical spine? Thank you all so much.

1 Like

Hello@Jude that’s great you’ve asked for your results to be e mailed then you will have the figures in front of you and can ask the BCUK Nurses to interpret for you if you wanted. I had serum protein electrophoresis blood test and an M spike was found ,it can then be monitored depending on how high it is or to see if it increases,I think that’s what you had?In any case I hope that you can talk it through with your GP for reassurance .
You’ve had a long wait so I hope you get some answers soon,and can not worry too much till then.
Bannanacake

1 Like

Hi Bannanacake,
I did not know a nurse here could look at my results. Thats so good. I will ask them to check as I am worrying about these areas of concern on my marrow bone & don’t really know if these blood results received are the basics & maybe the Myeloma ones are not yet back. The reception staff are so quick to get off the phone, you can’t ask detail. I doubt I will be able to speak to a GP tomorrow.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

Shall I email my blood test results or do I need to phone to ask if a nurse will look at them?
Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi @Jude13 I don’t know if someone at the Blood Cancer UK support line can help or not, but you can only ask.
For any queries about the forum, or about blood cancer, you can contact our Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (Mondays: 10am-7pm, Tuesdays-Fridays: 10am-4pm, Saturday, Sundays and Bank Holidays: 10am-1pm) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk

2 Likes

Hi @Jude13,I spoke to one of the Nurses about my results and they listened and helped me with what questions I would want to ask my Dr.
Hope that helps
Bannanacake

2 Likes

I think it depends on your team. None of my nurses ever discussed my condition with me . I’m glad that it seems be ok and hope that things remain positive for you @Jude13 .

2 Likes

Thank you both so much. I will call to speak with a nurse as still no joy in getting through to a GP.

1 Like

Hi @Jude 13 ,I wanted to clarify , that it was the Support Services Team BCUK I talked to re my blood test results .It must be awful for you waiting to hear ,I’ve been lucky as my results are usually in within the week. They didn’t pass an opinion on the results just helped me with the questions I would want to ask my GP and the importance of my being informed. Myeloma uk also have a support line and they are good too ,its 0800 980 3332.I don’t think they’re open at tge weekend but BCUK are. I hope you can get some results next week and that you have a good weekend.
Bannanacake

2 Likes

Hello @Jude13. Sorry that you haven’t been able to talk to the GP yet about your blood results and that you haven’t been feeling all that well. I would recommend that you get an appointment booked with your GP to go through the results and talk through the symptoms you have. This would also be an opportunity to check that all the results are back. Here at Blood Cancer UK we can relay the normal parameters of blood counts but we cannot inform further as we do not hold your medical records and this would need to be done by the requesting medical team. More than happy to talk things through with you so do please contact us How to contact Blood Cancer UK | Blood Cancer UK. Kind regards Gemma

2 Likes