Petition to ask for funding of Evusheld

Hi Adrian, now the petition has reached over 10,000 signatures have the government responded it seems to have gone really quite?
Also does anyone know if Vicky Foxcroft has had a meeting with Boris after PMQ last week?

Hello all
Two messages hereā€¦
The Evusheld campaign has passed the 10,000 signature threshold and the Government response is ā€œKeep Calm, keep taking the tablets and testing and maybe they will look at this option once further data re Omicron is availableā€¦ā€ so donā€™t hold your breath BUT keep spreading the word - there are now 13,000 signatures so we are on our way to the 100,000 required to get this debated in Parliament.
Like most others I have had endless problems with shielding lists and probably pointless innocculations and wonder when if ever the non Mrna vaccines that could give us long term protection might be considered ???
In the meantime lets keep pushing for Evusheld - a step in the right directionā€¦
Good Luck

Here is the other messageā€¦relevant to us.
The ā€œDistance Awareā€ campaign is a hopeless flop; it started in Wales and spread to Scotland and came to a halt because English NHS did not follow suit and because it was poorly publicised (surprise!). In Scotland badges (too small, that went rusty in the rain) and lanyards were available in Libraries and Asda (my nearest is two hour drive) but I did hear of an announcement in our local Co-op !! Anyway as it seemed like a great idea for us 500,000 immunocompromised so I took the initiative and distributed posters (yes they forgot to send them out) to the GP surgery, Hospital, School, Fire Station, Mountain Rescue, high St chemist and a few shops - and wear my Lanyard at all times BUT now because there is no national recognition people (tourists and visitors) come up (close) and peer at the lanyard badge and ask what it is - admittedly then they back away but too late!
Keep pushing the signatures for Evusheld !!!

On the petition page it still says waiting 17 days for a government response so I donā€™t think the government have responded yet?

Hi Adrian, Have you had a reply from the government re the petition reaching 10,000?

Hope you donā€™t mind me jumping in @Ted369, I just wanted to add that Blood Cancer UK are working with supportive parliamentarians and other charities to secure a debate about immunocompromised people and COVID-19, which will give MPs the opportunity to discuss Evusheld and other pandemic related issues. We hope to be able to share a date for this with you all in due course.

For anyone who hasnā€™t read it, hereā€™s our recent blog here about our position on Evusheld and the questions weā€™re pushing the government for answers around - Our position on Evusheld | Blood Cancer UK. It also includes the template MP letter.

4 Likes

Hi Alice, no problem thank you for the update. We have used your template to email our MP.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I see the Govt/DHSC have now responded to the petition Fund Evusheld the preventative COVID19 antibody for immunocompromised - Petitions

This Govt has run out of excuses to delay the rollout of Evusheld.

4 Likes

Just received notification that there is to be a debate on October 12 11am at Westminster Hall.

2 Likes

Me too I had an email this morning

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the relevant bit of that mail

The debate will be led by Daisy Cooper MP. The debate will start at 11am and last half an hour.

When I got it I thought ā€œCan they be serious? A 30 minute ā€˜debateā€™? Talk about box ticking!ā€

But I was wrong (as was the mail).

I had 30 mins to spare (after two Tai Chi sessions already today). But after seeing the last quarter of the debate, Iā€™m not sure my mental state is up to going through the whole sorry story.

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like