Petition to ask for funding of Evusheld

I think there are four drugs on offer to us in uk if we get covid.

Sotrovimab Antibody infusion see above re omicron

Molnupiravir Antiviral 30% efficacy I believe France cancelled their order!

Remdesivir Not sure on use of this mixed press reaction

Paxlovid I understand this anti viral is now in use and hopefully preferred to Molupiravir as it is reported at least to have high efficacy.

PERHAPS Blood cancer Uk can advise further on efficacy of all these drugs being used on patients with blood cancer?

1 Like

Hi @MCA I will copy this to @BloodCancerUK for you

Love that analogy. And of course we can have BOTH. Give us evusheld and if we are unlucky enough to still get covid give us antivirals too.

1 Like

Found this article today which I trust will be of interest to all

1 Like

Further to my earlier post on the four drugs we may be given if we pass the interview in time.

https://post.parliament.uk/drug-therapies-for-covid-19/

In horse racing terms

Paxlovid and Remdesiver look the early favourites, Sotrovimab loosing ground due to BA-2 and Molupirivar an outsider at best.

Shame we have more courses of Molupiriver than Paxlovid.

Still it appears the Maiden (Evusheld) would be in with strong chance (early data shows effectiveness against all variants) if allowed to enter the race.

Let’s hope the Government get the Stewards enquiry out the way quickly and there is still a supply readily available.

1 Like

Its all very well being offered treatment if you get covid but how do you access the treatment jf you are away on holiday? We are going to Cyprus for 11 days next month. I just hope i dont catch it. I would feel better protected if i could have a shot of Evushel before i go. I have just read an article in the Sunday paper saying you can get it if you pay £800. Has anyone heard about this?

1 Like

1 Like

Hi you have the date of article was it the Mail on Sunday?

1 Like

I posted the link in todays mail in protection for the clinically vulnerable

1 Like

Here is the link https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10746187/Covid-19-Vulnerable-patients-denied-800-anti-viral-jab-unless-private.html

2 Likes

The article is incorrect in stating that you can get Evusheld privately. That isn’t currently possible as all Covid treatments in the U.K. are managed through the NHS. Also no Evusheld stock has yet been bought by this Govt/NHS.

3 Likes

Thank you Adrian for starting this petition it’s now over 10,000 signatures I really hope it gets things moving. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very happy to see it reach this milestone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hooray - 10262 signatures and the numbers are accelerating!!! Now a response is triggered, but
PLEASE keep pushing to ensure that the Government takes the 500,000 immunocompromised seriously so we can resume 'normal life…
Almost everyone will know someone with
• Motor neurone disease
• Multiple sclerosis
• Down’s syndrome
• Solid organ transplant recipients
• HIV/AIDS
• Myasthenia gravis
• Immune deficiencies
• Immune-mediated inflammatory disorders (IMID)
• Liver disease
• Renal disease
• Haematological diseases
• Sickle cell
• Stem cell transplant recipients
• Solid cancer
So keep spreading the word - we only need 90k more signatures to get this addressed in Parliament…

4 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine hope you’re doing okay - we are not currently aware of this being available for private use in the UK. If it ever did become available, we’d anticipate the cost being significantly higher as the quote of £800 is only representative of the drug price not the total cost of treatment. Please be assured we are discussing this with our clinical networks and will update our information if we hear more on this topic.
With regards to going abroad, you may want to read our updated section titled ‘What if I want to Travel of Go on Holiday?’ on our webpage here.

1 Like

Thank you. I do most of the things mentioned in the article. We are going to Cypress soon. As far as i can see Molnupiravir and and the drug youmentioedare available in Cypress. I certainly will be taking the letter saying i am eligible with me as j did when we went to Spain last month. Thankfully not needed.
It will be more tricky when we go on cruise for 80 days next year, thats if it sails i have contacted the cruise company to see if they will have any on board. They said they are trying to get some but have not been successful yet as only available to NHS.

I am sure i won’t be the only person on board who may need them so just hoping they can get some They said to ring nearer the time for an update.

2 Likes

This is a wonderful petition which I signed at the start. Have shared it over and over again , including with groups on Facebook.

My daughter had started one but we have gone with this. Thank you🤗

1 Like

Never believe MOS lol. Pretty bad giving wrong information on this though.

1 Like