Positive Covid PCR

Just curious - did you have anyside effects from the treatment following your positive PCR?

1 Like

Hi Nichola
During the treatment I didn’t have any side effects. After when I arrived home I was feeling tired and started aching, this was probably the worst I felt durning covid. At this point I had a sleep for 2 hours and all was well.
The night before I didn’t sleep much so this wouldn’t help.
I would definitely have the treatment again.

Regards Ian

2 Likes

Hi @ColinHarper a great big welcome, was there a reason for your question to @Ian?
I look forward to hearing more about you.

1 Like

Thanks @Ian. I’m glad you are well now :blush:

1 Like

Hi Ian

I have had Hairy Cell Leukaemia for 4 years now and, fortunately, I am fit and well. I am glad you coped well with Covid19. I have always been uncertain how I might react to the virus, but feel happier now I’m fully vaccinated, and also have a contact number should I test positive. I assume I would get the same intravenous drug as you got. I live in the Edinburgh area and am aware of only one other person having HCL.

Best wishes

Colin

2 Likes

Hi @ColinHarper and welcome. I also feel better now the stress of obtaining the fourth dose is over and that the priority PCR is safely tucked away in my wardrobe!

1 Like

Hi Colin
I was also diagnosed 4 years ago and was told I probably had it 4 years prior. If I look at previous blood tests I can see the decline in my neutrophils which confirms that.
My life was never affected until covid and now I can’t work as I was a driving instructor. I am coping quite well as I now do lots of cycling and walking, I’ve been told to keep fit. I don’t know anyone else with HCL so its good to hear from you.
Regards IAN

2 Likes

Hi Nicola

It’s really good to hear from you. So far I have managed to escape Covid19, but it’s not been easy. I still hide behind a mask when I’m out and about. I wondred how you got a priority PCR test - did you apply for it?

Best wishes

Colin

1 Like

Hi Erica

Thank you for getting in touch with me. I know only one person who has Hairy Cell Leukaemia - he is in Edinburgh like me. So when I saw Ian’s post I was very interested. I have never been sure how my immune system would react to Covid19. So far I’ve avoided it! I feel quite alone with HCL but I’m lucky being fit and well.

Colin

2 Likes

I got the letter regarding antiviral treatment and then the test arrived shortly after. I’m not sure how I’ve managed to avoid it either with secondary school aged children and working in a school. However, like you, I’ve been very careful and also hoping the vaccines are doing their job :crossed_fingers:

1 Like