PV strikes again

Hi @Marylin as I was reading your post about your thunderstorms this afternoon the news is showing them in the West Country. None have arrived here in the South East…yet.
I am officially telling you that your air fryer seems to be saving you a lot of money and is uses are so versatile. Definitely a ‘Best Buy’.
My son wants one for Christmas.
Your roses and dahlias are doing well.
Take care and I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Hi all, another wasted non appointment this morning. The appointment details arrived in the post yesterday morning at 9.05am . The appointment was for today sometime between 9.am and 2pm. I needed to get a blood test before 10 am yesterday. Hastily washed and dressed and rushed up to the surgery to plead for a blood test fortunately I had a blood test form. They found a very kind nurse who agreed to fit me in straight away so I made the deadline. All efforts were wasted as despite informing them I would not be available between 10 and 11am today due to a prior appointment they phoned then and haven’t phoned back. I desperately need some advice regarding my warfarin tests which are yo-yoing up and down weekly which is very stressful due to my propensity to produce clots in nasty places. I do appreciate they have many patients in their care but think things seem to be going from bad to worse from my point of view. They don’t know me and I don’t know them it is never the same consultant who rings, it is impossible to create any sort of relationship. Here endeth my moan. Marylin

3 Likes

@Marylin

Hey

So sorry to hear what’s happened today and you fully right to be annoyed and frustrated.

Do you have a clinical nurse attached to you that you can contact to pass on your concerns to a Haemotologist to least get an answer for your priority questions? You should have one and there contact details and though it may not be the same nurse they should be contactable for you to disclosure any changes or concerns.

An alternative maybe 111 and they maybe able to fasttrack you if you continue to be unable to contact you’re medical team.

Really feel for you as it’s a horrible feeling to feel ignored and uncared for.

The support line at bcuk are always open for advice and support too

3 Likes

Oh @Marylin how very annoying, time wasting and stressful for you plus a whole lot of thoughts and feelings I will not type here.
@Rammie18 has given you good thoughts.
Again I shall say to you please let us know how you get everything resolved.
The main thing is to take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Hi @Marylin. That’s so frustrating for you, both for the time wasted and the worry you now have as you haven’t been able to ask your questions!
I was going to ask the same as @Rammie18, if you had a CNS nurse you could contact? If no luck there perhaps contact PALS - the Patient Liaison Service and see if they can help.
Please keep us updated and take good care of yourself X

3 Likes

Hi
I now have a new nurse and a new telephone consultation appointment for 27th Sept. At my last INR test I discovered that it is the computer that is calculating my warfarin regime, I wonder if it takes into account all the medication I am on, I will ask my GP but I can’t get a telephone appointment until 7th October. Why do I feel rather let down by the NHS? The computer wanted me to wait a fortnight for another test despite not being .7 from my target, I did ask for one in a weeks time and got it. However somehow we are getting good financial payments from thenDWP and Adult Social Care. Perhaps Citizens advice could help those who are under pension age. BT do a special rate on Broadband and landline for those on pension credit but it doesn’t allow for many calls but the data allowance is fine for me. The water board and British Gas do lower rates fotrbwater, gas and electricity if applied to. I pay Tesco £7.00 for my mobile phone which is adequate for my use. I know no one likes pleading poverty but if you don’t ask you don’t get. Marylin

3 Likes

Hi @Marylin I am not surprised you feel let down.
Do you know after contemplation and if all our medication and symptoms were factored in then I would be happier with a computer calculating my levels of medications.
I went for coffee with 2 friends today and we asked for separate bills at the time of ordering, when we asked for the bills and the Barista came back with one bill.
We said just divide it by 3 and she said I cannot do that, so we said we could do it, and she said but how can I know if you are right or not and off she went to get the till to work it out for her.
As for your financial payments as you say if you do not ask you do not get, go for it.

2 Likes