Quick question

Hi. I have Polycythaemia vera (PV) since earlier this year and been told I don’t need a blood test to see if I need another V section until end of October. Great news. If my bloods are within the right levels from the blood thinners I’m on does that mean I shouldn’t have any symptoms?

3 Likes

Hi @Sam157

I have Polycythaemia vera (PV) since Aug 2020.

You’ll only be recommended to have a venesection if your hct is over a certain value.

The rate of which you need blood tests to check where they are differs with each patient and they will always monitor this based on the level of increase. One thing I’ve noticed is that it doesn’t always increase for example last week my hct was 0.45 then 4 days later it was 0.41 so it can vary.

Your symptoms should calm down if all your levels are within “normal” range but you should have things in place or strategies to manage the ones you’re more prone too. Only an increase in symptoms can sometimes mean you’re close to needing a venesection.

I still get itchy and fatigued but it’s very spontaneous

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I’m still getting some days where I’m fatigued for no reason and helpful to know you do to.

1 Like

@Sam157

I don’t think the heat helps at the moment

They say keep moving drinks lots and keep mind active and avoid daytime naps unless you wake up proper early.

Keep posting :slight_smile:

1 Like