World Cancer Day 2020

Good afternoon!

Today is World Cancer Day and this year’s theme is I am and I will - we have asked our researchers to share their I am and I will statements, you can check them out and share on twitter and instagram - What is yours?

It’s #WorldCancerDay! Let’s celebrate our amazing researchers who work hard every day to bring us a step closer to beating blood cancer.

Through the discovery of new drugs and better treatments, researchers like Dr Alison Michie bring greater hope to people living with blood cancer :sunny: #WorldCancerDay2020 #IamAndIWill

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'IAM DR ALISON MICHIE AND I WILL HELP FIND NEW TREATMENTS FOR PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKAEMIA'

3 Likes

My first day at new job coincided with my 2 year remission anniversary. I didn’t say anything at work until World Cancer Day. The next day, they bought me a cake and are planning fundraising activities. Tweeted below! :slight_smile:

My start date at my new job at @Numerous_App coincided with my 2 year remission. Didn't say anything until yesterday #WorldCancerDay Today they bought me a cake and are planning fundraising events! #beatcancer pic.twitter.com/ZrQxydro4L

— David Quinlan (@dmquinlan) February 5, 2020
4 Likes

Wow, that amazing David! Hope your keeping well. Well done on your new job, that’s so nice of your work colleagues to celebrate and make this significant day special and more memorable for you. Lovely to hear they want to do more and are planning fundraising activities. Do keep us informed about how the fundraising activities go and shout out if they want any help from Bloodwise Fundraising team, happy to put them in touch.

3 Likes

You must have some amazing work colleagues, and how lovely of them to mark your 2 years in remission. I thank them for their fundraising activities, and look forward to hearing more about them.

2 Likes

That’s lovely of your work colleagues @dmquinlan How great that they are so supportive and congratulations on your new job!

I loved seeing the I am and I will posters on social media. I shared some of them and my own…I am Lisa, mum to cancer warrior Hugo and I will continue to share our experience and raise awareness.

2 Likes

Congratulations @dmquinlan we’re all so happy for you! and what lovely work colleagues you have :smiley: Hope the new job is going well :relaxed:

1 Like