Accessing benefits

Hi Erica
The Midas touch continued today the post brought another letter from the council saying they were giving me another £20 one off payment towards the cost of living increases. Don’t think we get any post on Sundays, shame, can’t help feeling I should have entered the lottery.

The dreaded 5th booster jab tomorrow. Those wretched needles.
Marylin

1 Like

We will be calling you ‘Midas Marylin’ @Marylin.
I hope your dreaded 5th jab goes OK tomorrow.
We have been over to my husbands family today and although I haven’t actually done anything I am absolutely fatigued and my back is a ‘trifle’ painful from sitting in the car for so long.
Take care

Hi
So sorry to hear you are exhausted, I don’t know how you find the energy to respond to my posts and provide all the support you give us, I know how tiring life can get. It seems that my car seats, my riser/recliner and my bed are some of the most precious things to me. Nothing else is as comfortable and people, no matter how much you love them, can require effort that is beyond us. I hope your nearest and dearest have settled you somewhere comfortable with a cuppa and a book or tv programme to snooze to. Fatigue is my biggest enemy it seems to suck every bit of energy out of my body and leaves me mentally and physically wiped out. Sometimes I weep because of it. My days are full of compromise to cope with it. It is A continuous symptom of my iron restricted Polycythaemia vera (PV) sadly. Sleep does not cure it.
I hope you feel better and can rest tomorrow. Take care of yourself. Marylin

2 Likes

Hi @Marylin thank you I am in my own very precious bed, listening to Queen at Wembley on Sky Arts doing the crossword and a number puzzle, thanks and feeling much restored !!
Yes, you understand that the fatigue will hit me tomorrow too, that’s what I love about this forum.

1 Like

Snap, I am in my riser/recliner in my jamas watching Queen too, I adore their music, it resonates with this 78 year old lady. I don’t know why but it does. Sleep well. Enjoy. Marylin

1 Like

Hi
Our children decided it would be safer for us to get rid of the rugs in our hallway and have a fitted carpet. I decided the vinolay in the bathroom was cracked and shabby so I would have it replaced at the same time. I chose the vinolay from the roll, a rather nice tile pattern in grey and white but did not get them to unroll it and lay it on the floor. I did not see it until the bathroom was finished. The minute I walked in and looked down it appeared that the floor was undulating and made me feel really dizzy. I asked my carer to iinspect the bathroom as she was with me when I chose it. There was a deathly silence and I said is it making you feel dizzy, she said yes. I have now chosen a light grey wood plank type vinolay and it will be laid on Wednesday. No way could I have entered the bathroom if I was having one of my not infrequent dizzy days. Years ago ago ironing my daughters blue and white stripe school frocks used to cause my vision to go go fuzzy but I have never had a floor covering affect me before. A slightly expensive oddity alas.Marylin

1 Like

Thank goodness you have changed the tile pattern vinolay, your safety and wellbeing comes first @Marylin
Look after yourself and I admire you actually saying something and not just ‘putting up with’

I have a ECD, and I am claiming PIP. It seems a bit of a lottery to me. I had an assessment over the phone and the nurse was leading me to the answers. My wife knows someone with MS and they didn’t get anything! I had help filling the forms out. You need to “fudge” the answers a bit. With PIP you can apply for the blue badge £10, and apply to have your car tax paid.
Gary

1 Like