Happy New Year Everyone! Here is the next webinar from CLLSA:
Put the date in your diary!
20 January at 1.00 pm until 2.30 pm
The topic is:
“End of the Pandemic:
Living with Covid & Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)/SLL as the New Normal”
The keynote talk will be given by Dr Ben Kennedy
Some of the key questions
Dr Kennedy will be tackling:
- New Covid treatments such as Regeneron.
- How do I get access to the new Covid treatments?
- What should I do if I test positive?
- What impact does Covid have on Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients?
- Is there still a threat from the Delta variant?
- Are we entering a ‘new normal’ for Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) pat i ents?
- Coming out of remission. What are the steps?
- Approaching second treatment. What are the options?
Dr Kennedy is Consultant Haematologist at Leicester Royal Infirmary. He works with the European School of Haematology at international events studying communication problems between doctors and patients. He was Head of Laboratory haematology at UHL 2002 to 2009 and Head of Department of Haematology 2009- 2012. He is a Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Support Trustee.
Dr Kennedy will be familiar to many members as a knowledgeable and engaging speaker. This webinar is bound to be well attended and we advise early registration.
Also in this webinar:
We are very interested to learn of people’s experience with the new drug, acalabrutinib, which may become the new gold standard for Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) treatment.
So, as well as Dr Kennedy’s talk, we will have a round-table discussion by patients who have received this new treatment for Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). They will discuss any reactions, side effects and benefits they’ve experienced.
We aim to allow plenty of time for questions, and there will be a
Q & A session following Dr Kennedy’s talk.
You can submit your questions in advance or on the day.
We will start promptly at 13:00, and you can join from 12:45.
The Webinar will close by 14:30, allowing time for questions.
We will also be streaming the webinar live on Facebook
We look forward to welcoming you!