Coping with the stress of your C dance partner

And a very happy birthday from me too @Jimbo165 !!!

3 Likes

Good evening @Duncan and @Erica, and everyone else. Thank you for your kind wishes and Birthday greetings. My day has been a good one thank you, although I may have over-indulged at the Carvery and am suffering (in a good way!) a little for my overlarge eyes/small stomach discrepancy! The meal was followed by a small M&S cake back at my daughters place, and I am now home, contemplating bed , ready for work in the morning.

Onwards and upwards everyone, remembering to stay safe, to take care, to be kind to yourselves and to keep on smiling.

3 Likes

Aww that sounds perfect, my kind of day too. I love the occasional ‘food coma’ from treats! Many happy returns, @Jimbo165.

2 Likes

And a happy birthday from me too

2 Likes

Good evening @2DB, and everyone else, and thank you so much for your kind and generous Birthday Wishes.

I don’t think I can blame this on my advancing years, but I feel so very tired this evening after a long and busy day at work, but at least it has been predominantly dry.

Take care everyone, stay safe and be kind to yourselves.

Jimbo165

4 Likes

I can relate to all these . I work in an emotionally stressful role within healthcare and used to find running gave me the peace and alone time I needed to deal with stuff from the “day job”
I struggle with fatigue since diagnosis so have had to give up my run for the time being and use walking instead…doesn’t quite meet the challenge but it definitely helps

2 Likes

Hi @Jimbo165
Happy Birthday :partying_face:

2 Likes

@Jimbo165 has added a new one to the coping lists, food coma from cake, so perhaps his new handle on here should be Mr Creosote :wink:
Belated happy caterpillar day anyway.
I spend time away for work and it is hard to try and eat healthy and I have noticed how easy it is with this C dance for comfort type food to add up. Tiredness and good eating is a hard dance step to master, especially if you are on your own.

4 Likes

Oh @clickinhistory why do I like all the foods that are not good for me!!

4 Likes

@Erica ahhh the story of your misspent youth on the dating scene :wink:

3 Likes

Good morning @clickinhistory, @2DB, @Erica and everyone else, just an update following yesterday’s Exciting Endoscopy Event. Despite the initial difficulty of accessing Leicester Royal Infirmary’s carpark (20 minute delay!), we (Daughter No3 and I) made it to the relevant department with a few minutes to spare. After the usual ID checks and further form filling we both wandered off to the waiting area where after only a brief pause my name was called out for the first of the final pre-op checks. After some “helpful” comments from my daughter (she shares my warped sense of humour!) and two ID bands being strapped to my wrist, one normal one and one for my allergies, I was led away to the final waiting/recovery area, whilst Daughter No3 was allowed to escape for the next hour or so. (She went to amuse herself in Leicester). Meanwhile I was fitted up with a nice cannula ready to be sedated. After a tiring 90 minute wait I was finally taken to the operating studio where I had the absolute final ID checks made and then a brief chat with the camera operator. He doesn’t class Essential thrombocythemia (ET) as a cancer, but as he was about to stick a camera down my throat and I had already had the throat spray squirted in my “Colin the Caterpillar” hole, I wasn’t in a great position to argue with him. I clearly recall seeing the 1st and the 2nd syringes of sedation being applied to the cannula but have no recollection of the 3rd one being administered, or of anything else until the nurse woke me up in the recovery room some 40 minutes later. Best sleep I’d had in ages!
15 minutes later, and reunited with Daughter No3, I was a being driven home where I promptly resumed my slumbers on the sofa for a couple of hours.

All in all I’m okay today, just a bit sore in the throat department, and with a wait of a few weeks for the results of the biopsy that they took from my innards.

Apologies for the long tale above.

Take care everyone, stay safe, be kind to yourselves and keep on smiling.

Jimbo165

6 Likes

Think you must be suffering still from the chemicals, fun in Leicester? Didn’t think there were any windows left to smash for Daughter number 3 :wink:
Nice way to win an argument though :slight_smile: knock them out with more chemicals lol
Glad that pre butterfly cake helped with the training.

3 Likes

Thanks for your eventful day although you seem to have slept through a lot of it @Jimbo165 .
Daughter No. 3 seems a gem and chip off the old block.
Be kind to yourself and I hope you still have your smile

6 Likes

That was a eventful day! Hope you’ve been taking it easy!

3 Likes

@Jimbo165 just remember this weekend, one egg is an oeuf as part of your coping methods :wink: though that message is wasted on @Erica as she is already working through a skip load lol.
Guess we can say, food can be a major part of our coping strategy for better or worse.
I am lucky that close to where I am renting there is a rescue centre for dogs, who on a regular basis decide I am a great way to clean their paws during their walks round the woods and fields. So of the long term guests totally ignore their walkers and come straight over for fuss, but this started during my recovery from the car crash and has continued as part of this dancing with Polycythaemia vera (PV) and I have realised this unconditional and earned friendship, has become a major part of my coping with the stress of life.
Does anyone else have animals playing a part of their coping methods?

4 Likes