Doctor frustration

Morning
Results off the UK Jury ,!!
Finally some sort off results however these was slowly got out off my Physiotherapist.
Text message from Health centre "abnormal mri some nerve impingement " ri g health centre, after six days saw unknown Doctor.
Mr Baxter some sort off osteoporosis arthritis ok goodbye!
Reluctantly my Physio said how much do i know he doesn’t want to step ontoes ,i said not much. So wrangled out offf him a lesion on my spine that a muti discipline taskforce get together for cases too discuss what next
So totally unsettling more worry
Kev

3 Likes

Hi @Kevin1 I am sorry to hear that and as you say more worry.I hope the Multidisciplinary team get together soon to work it out, seems like you’ve been hanging on for a long time.Are you able to share with your family ?Thanks for posting ,thinking of you.

3 Likes

So sorry that you don’t have any clear answers @Kevin1. Do you know when the MDT discussions would be?

3 Likes

Must be a very worrying time for you @Kevin1 but there’s lots of support available here if you need it and of course the fabulous Blood Cancer UK support team.

3 Likes

Oh @Kevin1 you must be so hurt, angry, worried, frustrated, unsettled, scared etc. etc.
I have always been in favour of multi disciplinary teams too, I was glad that medical people were talking to each other, unfortunately they are not talking to you.
Look after yourself and please let us know an update when you have it.

4 Likes

Again I have zero idea of time scale hopefully sooner than later, will keep all posted.regards kev

4 Likes

Please do keep us posted. Waiting is often the hardest part.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Well if you don’t mind a morning text Rant,
Thursday received letter to go Soft Tissue Sarcoma appointment ok why ! No ones told me about why! Thursday lovely Senior oncology nurse rang me, asking various questions relating to lump ,don’t know I did say,so she was ringing my Dr.
Friday another phone call the Consultant has rejected a 2wk referral we will contact your Dr.
Saturday a letter to go back to Oncology appointment for above appointment.
So what a worry is it Mgus onto Smouldering etc Tumour Cancer
All this before next week’s Ivig infusion.
Currently waiting for Dr to ring me so I actually know what is going on
Regards kev

3 Likes

Hi@Kevin1,I love a good rant too and good on you for ranting,oh dear what a lot you’ve got on ,I hope your Dr can explain whats going on :thinking: thinking of you and thanks for posting,you’ve had a bit of a journey to say the least.

3 Likes

Oh @Kevin1 I bet you needed to offload on here, I don’t think that you were ranting it was just a diary of events.
Isn’t it stressful and actually scary, I expect that you like me want to have confidence in your medical services who are caring for you.
I really do hope you receive a call from your GP, again the waiting is the worst.
Look after yourself and please let us know how you get on and please keep posting

1 Like

Oh dear - that’s just awful. Please keep us updated on how this pans out.

2 Likes

Oh @Kevin1,
I really feel for you and hope you unravel what is going on. You must be really angry, scared and frustrated. Is there a good dependable GP at your GP Surgery that you can book an appointment with, who could get some answers for you?
Best wishes Helen

2 Likes

Latest updates! My case being reviewed by MDT clinical team, so definitely be in touch.
Thanks all kev

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. We will wait to hear what they say. You take care :blush:

2 Likes

Morning all,
The Scores are in ! MRI results (opens envelope) We need to repeat MRI to focus on a area plus lower back pelvis areas in 2/3wks ,this discussed at MDT meeting.
So updates incoming when I know.
Ivig treatment next week for my GBS/mmncb.
Thanks all for asking
Kev

2 Likes

More waiting @Kevin1. That’s really frustrating but Good that they are checking at regular intervals. How are you feeling about to all? I hope the treatment goes ok next week.

2 Likes

Well have lots off different Appointments awaiting, so super stressed ,another MRI wait,mgus wotch wait
But hey get through thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Kevin1 I also get super duper stressed, anxious and exhausted with medical tests, appointments and the waiting for results.
Yes, we do get through it though.

3 Likes

Hi @Kevin1, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been going through what sounds like a stressful time indeed. We do appreciate it can be very anxiety-provoking and tough to go through so many tests and dealing with uncertainty. I just wanted to mention that you’d be very welcome to call our Support Team if you’d find it helpful to talk any of this over at all (0808 2080 888). Best wishes, Tanya.

4 Likes

Many thanks for your reply.
Just on subject matter off mgus diagnosis was March 2022 my low Igm was 0.41 ? Had bloods results yesterday i see now 0.35 ?is that a discussion i need again with GP? My GP knows that last 7months rib pain lower back pain hips and pains shooting down left leg still.
Regards Kevin

3 Likes