Enlarged lymph nodes

I’ve been living with NHL for 7 years. Luckily I’ve not required any treatment for NHL so far, only for ITP. I’ve recently noticed the lymph nodes in my groin are enlarged. My consultant checked them and said not to worry as they’re under 1cm. But said I need to monitor them to see if they reduce or enlarge.

Has anyone else experienced this? I want to know whether I should be concerned that this could be the prelude to a flair up if my cancer or whether I should not worry. Any advice welcome please.

1 Like

@Cirenman I wonder if you have checked if there is anything in the patient information booklet www.bloodwise.org.uk/info-support/patient-information-publications about NHL? If you are concerned the support line is open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm, Freephone 0808 2080 888, and they may be able to give you some guidance. Good luck

1 Like

Hi, I have not got any medical knowledge, but you are obviously feel concerned about your lymph nodes suddenly being enlarged, so perhaps it is worth considering getting more information on this and perhaps even a second opinion in some form for peace of mind and I always find keeping a diary of events can be useful. Take care.

1 Like

Hello @cirenman,

Thank you for sharing your experience with NHL. We would always recommend that you speak to a medical professional if ever you are concerned about any symptoms you may be experiencing. We would be happy to talk you about this if you ever wanted to give us a call.

@Pisces56 has provided the correct information if you would like to speak to us.

1 Like

@Cirenman,

Have you spoken to your consultant again? Were you able to clear up questions you may have had about your enlarged lymph nodes?

1 Like