ET & Angina

I have had ET since 2015 and been on Hydroxycarbamide with the dosage being tweaked a few times but platelets are around 430, so not too high. Since June 2020 I have had angina symptoms resulting in an angiogram and angioplasty to insert a stent in December 2020. All was well until June 2020 when the symptoms came back. Another angiogram showed that all main arteries and the stent were working well so Cardio Consultant thinks it’s Microvascular angina (in the small vessels of the heart) I’m wondering whether this can be linked to ET and stickier blood. Does anyone have any experience of this??

1 Like

Hi @Kizzi423 a great big welcome to our forum, I am so glad that you have found us.
It sounds as if the last 18mths have been scary for you.
I hope others will be of more help to you and if you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line are there for you.
I look forward to hearing more about you.

2 Likes

Hello @Kizzi423 and welcome to the forum. That’s a full on 18 months and must have been very challenging. I’m glad you’ve found us. I know there will be others who can share their experiences with you X

2 Likes

Hi @Kizzi423 a warm welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you’ve had to go through all this. Are you aware as to whether your cardiologist is in conversation with your haematologist? It’s important that they are both aware of what is going on for you and are communicating. You’re well within your rights to feel informed about why you’re experiencing these cardio problems so don’t be afraid to ask questions and talk through any concerns you may have. Just wanted to add that the BHF have a web page about microvascular angina which might be useful for you - All about microvascular angina | BHF.

1 Like

Thank you I have spoken to my McMillan nurse who monitors my blood and she has arranged a chat with the consultant but it’s not until January. They are so busy it takes ages to get appointments. I’ll keep on it.

Nikki

3 Likes

I’m glad you have an appointment booked in X

1 Like

Hi @Kizzi423 at least you have an appointment.
It gives you time to write down all your symptoms, concerns, questions etc. that you want to cover.
Please let us know how it goes.
Look after yourself in the meantime and don’t forget we and the Blood Cancer UK support line are there for you.