Evusheld - Personal Experiences

Important-
This thread can be used to discuss and share information around clinics which offer Evusheld and people’s experience of accessing it.

Blood Cancer UK cannot endorse any of the clinics or treatment centres shared on this thread. This thread does not constitute medical advice. As with anything concerning your health, please consult your clinical team if you are considering Evusheld. It’s important you get the right information for your individual circumstances and medical history.

For more information on what we know so far about Evusheld and its efficacy against current variants of covid-19, see our blog here - Evusheld available in the UK to buy privately | Blood Cancer UK

Blood Cancer UK reserve the right to remove any posts we suspect to be advertising.

I managed to buy privately in UK yesterday . It cost 1200 for double dose . I know im very lucky to be able to afford .
I hope some of you can benefit by buying privately .
Good luck

4 Likes

You are the 2nd person I have heard who has brought Evusheld privately @Mark62 as you say you were lucky enough to be able to afford it.
I know it is not right to be a postcode lottery or depending on financial means but that is what it is.

1 Like

Hi Mark62, Would you mind me asking where you got your Evusheld from that is the best price I have seen it for TIA.

1 Like

That’s great news mark, would be interested to know what you think of it and any side effects you have……we were thinking about this for husband but he took covid a few weeks ago and I think that means he should now have some antibodies in his system……

1 Like

Hi @Mark62,
Thank you for sharing this with us all. I hope you are keeping okay?
May i ask have you received the treatment as of yet? I appreciate others will be keen to learn more about your own experience as access for so many has been complicated & unclear.

As an organisation we are still trying to learn more about Evusheld, as it has been a constant evolving subject of late. We are doing our best to understand more on the practicalities of accessing it & the effectiveness against current and newer variants. In case it is useful for anyone- we have compiled a blog which we are frequently updating to help our community understand more about Evusheld as a whole- Evusheld available in the UK to buy privately | Blood Cancer UK.

Please do know that should you have anything you wish to talk through or indeed offer any feedback, we would be happy to hear from you- 0808 2080 888.

Best Wishes, Lauran

1 Like

Hi Ted . The London Clinic .

1 Like

Hi Lauren . I received Friday , no side effects :+1:

1 Like

Hi . No side effects , painless . I feel a lot safer :+1:

2 Likes

Hi,

I just have been advised by a friend that Evusheld is now available at Urgent Care 365 for £1200, they are a new clinic based in Manchester with a second clinic opening next month in Maida Vale- London. They said they will be booking in patients by the end of this week.

1 Like

Thanks for advising where i can get it. Is it 1200 all in as i was quoted at a different clinic 1200+600 for Dr consultation. I would like to book just wondering on price.

1 Like

Hi @Abr - you can find the latest information, including what we know about who is offering it and what they’re charging, on our blog: Evusheld available in the UK to buy privately | Blood Cancer UK.

It says:

"Evusheld (tixagevimab/cilgavimab) will cost a private healthcare provider £1,000 per dose (£1,200 including VAT). Each dose is 600mg (containing 300mg of tixagevimab and 300mg of cilgavimab). This is the recommended dose for an individual person.

While the private provider will pay £1,200 per dose, they will need to charge their patients more than this. There might be a charge for the consultation, plus the charge for the actual treatment. This means the cost to patients will be over £1,200. It’s not possible to say exactly how much, as it will depend on how much the provider decides to charge."

We appreciate this is a significant amount of money, particularly given the current cost of living, and know that this will prevent a lot of people accessing it who want to. We are still campaigning for the government to make it freely available on the NHS, while working with experts to understand what new data on its efficacy means for our community.

If you’re worried about Covid, Evusheld or the financial impact of a diagnosis of blood cancer, you’re not alone - please do reach out to us to talk.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to criticise or offend you for making people aware of being able to access Evusheld privately. It should be available to all people who need it regardless of expense who have to shield and live shielded lonely lives. Not your fault.obviously. You meant well and it was wrong of me. I’m sorry to have upset you.

1 Like

Thank you. I agree it should be available on the nhs, but unfortunately its not. I managed to book a private app at urgentcare365.co.uk
They are changing 1000 for the vaccination, 200 for a review if eligible and 125 for a letter to my consultant. They only have a mancheater clinic open but have told me london os opening in a couple weeks time. Must say comfortable to deal with. Shame not available to everyone on nhs.

1 Like

Mark, my voew is if clinics are offering then ppl who want to access should know where its available. We all agree the nhs should provide but they are not as for now.
Im booked in at urgentcare365.co.uk in Manchester will share my results once i have had it.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I dont quite know how i managed to flag my own response and cant work out how to fix it! Was trying to draw attention to post from a company (same one as before) advertising Evusheld. Currently near bottom of thread before my mess up!

2 Likes

Don’t worry @judesadventures, all sorted. Thanks so much for flagging the company post!

1 Like