Good News!

Hi @Mickbrit. How are things with you?

2 Likes

Hi Mickbrit

So sorry you contracted covid & a chest infection, hope your feeling well soon !

My white blood cells are currently at 4, I asked Dr Camacho what would be normal for me & she said anything below 5. White blood cells are the ones that fight infection (& increase when you have an infection, as you will know with having had Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)). And before my treatment, mine had been as high as 160 (which makes you more susceptible to infections). But now all aspects of my blood are now within normal levels including my antibodies.

I have been fortunate (fingers crossed) not to have had covid ! The NHS have sent me a test kit which I have to send off straight away if I get the symptoms of covid. So that if I do get covid they can give me the new drugs within a few days of contracting it !

Best wishes & stay positive.

Dusty

4 Likes

Oh my gosh so good news! I hope you will live your best!

2 Likes

Hi @CarlMcGil. Welcome to the forum. How are things with you?

1 Like

Hi @CarlMcGil a great big welcome to our forum and as @Nichola75 asks how are things with you and I look forward to hearing more about you.
Look after yourself

1 Like

Hey @Nichola75 @Erica !
Iā€™m Carl and I am diagnosed with blood cancer in the end of 2021. Itā€™s very hard to describe my emotions and loved ones when I was diagnosedā€¦ Of course I try not to talk about cancer not to cause even more pain to my family but I know how much they care about me. At the beginning of 2022 I started my treatment via them which is still going on. Itā€™s hard to say how Iā€™m feeling now but I feel lonely all the timeā€¦ I hope Iā€™ll find a bit of support here I just want to share my emotions and just to talk. Autumn is my favourite season and Iā€™m fighting to see it again!

1 Like

Hi @CarlMcGil and I am glad that you have found us.
I have never heard of ā€˜themā€™ and I wonder where you are in the world and where you come from?
I am not surprised that you feel isolated and lonely and I know I did, I felt the only person in the world in my situation, then I join this forum and realise I am certainly not and so many of us, no matter what blood cancer we have, seem to share similar fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities.
I think that we and our loved ones all struggle to start off with, but it sounds that you have a loving family that care about you a lot which is a brilliant start.
Personally I have found that they do not know what to say or do and are lead by us. But what I would say is knowing how you are and what is happening seems better than not knowing. I know my imagination goes off in all sorts of thoughts and scenarios when I donā€™t know.
Perhaps you would not feel so lonely too.
I wonder if part of your loneliness is geographical too.
Anyway those are my personal thoughts and you should do what you think is best.
Perhaps being on our forum will stop you feeling so lonely and give you a space to share how it is for you and how you are feeling, I sometimes feel writing it down does for me.
Our forum is certainly a good place for sharing our emotions and just talking by writing.
However if you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you and there is lots of of information on their website.
Autumn is my favourite season too, I just love the different colours and it reminds me of the Eva Cassidy songs Autumn Leaves, Fields of Gold and Tall trees in Georgia.
I was diagnosed 18yrs ago and still enjoying my music.
I look forward to hearing more about you and look after yourself

2 Likes

Thank you for your response! I am imbued with your storyā€¦ Iā€™m from Glasgow but now Iā€™m temporarily in Germany. Of course we didnā€™t know any clinics, we would never have thought that this was waiting for one of us. My dadā€™s friend Alfred sent it to him and said try to find out. Iā€™m not sure where it comes from but after a few calls we went to another country and I was diagnosed with their help. You said about imagination and I found it really right because my family can imagine things even worse than it really is so I will try to share my emotions with them. The first day I joined this forum I felt like Iā€™m not alone because people have similar problems. Erica! You are a woman with a capital letter and thank you for listening and sharing your experiences with us, this is really soothing!

1 Like

Hi @CarlMcGil. @Erica has given you a lovely forum welcome and all the ways in which Blood Cancer Uk can support you.
You are still so early on in your journey and I can imagine you are experiencing many different emotions.
I completely understand how your family are worried but you try not to talk about it to much. However, thatā€™s what we are here for. For you to offload, ask advice, share experiences or just to have a chat. Itā€™s one place you can be really honest.
Autumn for me to! :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @Nichola75 ! Yes it was so lovely welcome I felt it. I will do my best and Iā€™m not going to give up! Thank you very much for your words of support I feel different now not as depressing as before the forum. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m in the right place

2 Likes

Hi @CarlMcGil yes, you sure are in the right place !!

1 Like

Thatā€™s really good to hear. This forum has helped me so much and it will you to :blush:

1 Like

Hi Carl
Welcome !!
My other half (OH on here) was diagnosed at the end of last year.
Its a great place too for family support. The community here has helped me when Im having a wobble.
Debbie

3 Likes

Hi @Debbie36
Thank you for your warm welcome!
Iā€™m glad to hear that youā€™re feeling better here and Iā€™m sure everything will be fine in the future just stay strong!

2 Likes

Hi @CarlMcGil I have been thinking about you and I just wondered how you are?
Look after yourself

1 Like