Good News!

Hi Guys, I was diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in Aug 2017 & had been on watch & wait until April 2021. My haematologist decided to start me on treatment due to my red blood cells depleting (less than a 100). I started a six months course of obintuzumab, which I had to go to the day unit at the hospital for (administered by drip). Three weeks later I was started on 12 months of Venetoclax (tablets). I finished my treatment in April 2022 & when I went to see my haematologist on the 17th May 2022. She told my 8 no longer had Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in my blood (all aspects of my blood were at normal levels, as before I started with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)). But that doesn’t mean it can’t come back in the future (but hopefully won’t). My haematologist is going to monitor me every 3 months & see how things go. I no longer have any medication to take. So as far I’m concerned everything everything has turned out positive !

16 Likes

Hi @Dusty that sure is positive news and also good news that you will still be monitored by your haematologist.
Now enjoy and live your life, although I still get anxious before all tests, results and appointments.

1 Like

That’s great news @Dusty. Great that your consultant is keeping an eye on you to. Take care X

1 Like

Wonderful news! So important to appreciate the good news. Delighted for you x

3 Likes

This is fantastic news @Dusty

3 Likes

What brilliant news and I am so envious. How I would like to hear those words.
I was diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in 2018 and was watch and wait until August 2021 when I started with Acalabrutinib. My blood numbers are in the normal range now but I was told that I would continue with Acalabrutinib as long as it was working.

1 Like

Congratulations Good news indeed :clap:

2 Likes

Truly momentous news @Dusty . So very pleased for you and a filip for the rest of us

2 Likes

That is so good to hear. I don’t recognise the treatment you have had but I had treatment in 2016, so I am sure there are lots of changes since then. Good luck and fingers crossed for a long remission.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes that’s why I wanted to post this positive good news to give other people hope & confidence !

1 Like

Kitchen gardener

Thank you, it’s good to put positive news on here so people can see there is light at the end of the tunnel & not everything is negative about dealing with cancer. Stay positive & hopefully your treatment will bring you the news you want ! Look after yourself.

Dusty

3 Likes

Erica

Thank you, it’s so important to put the positive news on here to give people hope & confidence !

2 Likes

Nichola75

Thank you, good to put the positive news on here too ! Hopefully it will give people hope & confidence !

2 Likes

Spimula

Thank you. It’s good to put the positive on here too & hopefully it will give other people hope & confidence when having their treatment !

I had targeted chemo which was a combination of the two drugs obintuzumab & Venetoclax. I had one hiccup at the beginning of the treatment with the first dose of obintuzumab. Which totally wiped out all my white blood cells & reduced my red blood cells to 69 (my normal was 130). I had to go back to the hospital to be given 2 pints of blood & give myself white blood cell injections for the next 7 days. They had to build me back up, so I couldn’t have the obintuzumab the following week but had it the following week. And from then on everything went really well.

Dr Camacho asked me if I would go on one of the drug trials for Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) that she was running at Blackpool Victoria hospital & I said yes I would. But because of covid 19 she wasn’t starting any new trails, so she decided to start me on the targeted chemo.

3 Likes

Dear Dusty,
What splendid news. I too posted when I had good news and people love a good news story. You do realise that you have to celebrate it each year and it is like having two birthdays in one year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My good news came on my birthday so I just have one double birthday instead!
Best wishes Grandma Jo

3 Likes

Oh @GrandmaJo @Dusty I celebrate everything, don’t you worry. I also try and have gratitude for everything I do have in life too.
Look after yourselves

Fantastic , so pleased for you!
Great to hear some positive happy news :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi Dusty,
I’m so pleased for you that your treatment has worked so well for you, I had exactly the same treatment with the same outcome and finished 16th April 2022. What the haematologist didn’t tell me is that I have zero antibodies to fight infection. I have been in hospital for almost 4 weeks now, came in with a chest infection and caught covid which is proving a challenge for both Haematology and Respiratory departments which are both fighting my corner. When I get out I will be going back to shielding I can’t have this again. All I am saying is take care of yourself.
Michael

2 Likes

Gosh - sounds like you have been hit from all angles! I hope things start to improve soon so that you can get home😊

2 Likes

Oh @Mickbrit that is so, so unlucky, Covid and respiratory conditions can take a long time to get over.
Be kind to yourself.

1 Like