Guide to getting started

Hello, and welcome to the Blood Cancer UK Community Forum!

We hope you enjoy using the forum, and find it easy to use and navigate – but in case of any difficulties, we’ve put together a user guide that we hope addresses any questions. If there is something you feel would be beneficial to include here, please let Blood Cancer UK Staff know!

Download the guide here: Guide to getting started June 2020.pdf (1.2 MB)

Hi all my husband has cll, myself and 2 boys have been shielding with him, if we have things delivered and I clean them down with disinfectant are they safe to be in the house.

1 Like

Hi Gem, I also have CLL and I am in isolation and my husband is in self isolation. I actually got a home delivery today as well. Welcome to our forum and we are here to support each other through these anxious times. The wonderful Bloodwise support is also there for us and their details are above. How is it for you all being confined together as this is where you can share your innermost thoughts, feelings and practicalities. Stay safe.

Hi @Gem79 it’s totally understandable that you have questions around this! How are you all doing at the moment?
It’s fine to get home deliveries, as long as you’re following stringent food and personal hygiene (there’s some more information, here -
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19#handwashing-and-respiratory-hygiene

Take care, Alice

1 Like