Hello everyone…advice swelling

Hello all ….
Hope everyone is managing well …
I just wanted to ask … is a swollen belly ( for usually a few days weekly ) a symptom of ET ?
I have been diagnosed with Et snd Jak 2 … but just wondered if swelling is connected …Thankyou…Shishabell …`

2 Likes

Hi @shishabell, hope you’re doing okay. Some people with ET have an enlarged spleen, which might be one possible reason you’re experiencing this. It’s really important you make your clinical team aware of what you’re experiencing so that they can investigate the reason for the swelling. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call on the support line if you’d find it helpful to chat things through.

2 Likes

Hi @shishabell I think @Alice_BloodCancerUK has said it all.
Please do let us know what someone on your medical team says about your swollen belly, I think it is so important to check things out as my mind races in all directions when I do not know.
Look after yourself @shishabell and please keep posting, I look forward to hearing more about you.

Thankyou so much for your advice … I shall inform my team and hear their views … get back to you … thanks again … Shishabell :pray:

2 Likes