I think I am getting too settled in isolation

Hi, I will be there tomorrow morning on Zoom but joining half way through unfortunately. xx

Hi. I find I am very happy during lockdown for 12 weeks
nearly 7 weeks still to go
as I do more praying and more meditation even did four times in one day. Iā€™ve been meditating 43 years now
transcendental meditation is the best see tm.org
I have been a lightworker for many years and send healing out to people who request it around the world and this morning I had an incredible experience with it absolutely wonderful.
It will all be over one day and we can get back to live in our lives again doing what gives us bliss and makes a stronger and healthier

1 Like

Hi, @Dek1 a great big welcome to our community forum. I find it fascinating the different ways that people lead their lives in isolation. I found a calmness coming from your post. I have also been thinking about what I want from my new normal in the future. So far in isolation the time is flying by with and there is always something awaiting on my ā€˜to doā€™ list. I look forward to hear more from you. Take care and stay safe.

@CLL6 Vivien, thatā€™s so good to hear about your letter and great to hear youā€™ve secured delivery slots too. I hope this has given you at least a bit more reassurance :+1: Enjoy the coffee morning tomorrow!

@Somerset welcome! weā€™re so happy to have you join us and thank you so much for your post. I hope youā€™ve been doing okay? We have had people get in touch with us, similar to what you describe @Somerset, they mention how these current times have made them feel their diagnosis more than ever. We really hope you find this forum a safe space to talk through your thoughts and concerns

@Dek1 welcome! as Erica says, what a calming post, itā€™s wonderful to hear youā€™ve found what helps you. How have you been doing?

1 Like

Hi,
What is the coffee morning and how do we access it ? Xx

1 Like

Hi Stella

Grace sent out a link yesterday via Blood Cancer UK Ambassador site. Please check your emails.

Itā€™s at 10.30 this morning.

Vivien

1 Like

Oh, didnā€™t get it :pensive:x

1 Like

I think I felt like that when I was stuck indoors because of the fractured back caused by my Myeloma but at least with that I was working towards walking again and then gradually doing more outside activities when i was able starting with a short walk to the supermarket, then a cafe, then weekends away. I think Iā€™m going to feel the same way when restrictions start to be eased and gradually build up my outside activities as theyā€™re allowed. I know how much more I appreciated doing everything when I was able to again. Nobody could understand why I was so upbeat and happy, but it put me in a very positive frame of mind just to enjoy simple pleasures again. Iā€™ve adapted to my inside world and have regular Zoom meetups with friends and take part in online entertainment in lieu of live events so itā€™s not too bad on the whole. The difficult part is maintaining a ā€œnormal working dayā€ working from home four days a week. I find it really tedious and we havenā€™t got very much to do so the time goes slowly. My employers are suggesting that we wonā€™t be back in physical working in September for the new term which horrifies me.

1 Like

Hi @Franko, gosh you really had to get your mobility back after your fractured back, you must have motivation and it must have been very hard work. Yes, I think I will really appreciate everything more when I go outside, but I think it will feel weird at first. I donā€™t think anybody knows a time scale for the future. Hang in there and we will all support each other through these times to a new normal.

@Franko I hope youā€™re well? Thank you so much for your message. As you touched on, this uncertainty as to when things will settle again can be so concerning. Like Erica said, itā€™s the not knowing the time frame can understandably cause a lot of worry. How have you been health wise Franko? How has your back been?

@Erica ah the support team here at Blood Cancer UK had a similar conversation very recently, as to how when things do hopefully improve, when we go outside- we will see things differently from now. Like you say, appreciate the little things, the fresh air, the trees, the beautiful birds tweeting away :slight_smile: hope youā€™ve been okay?

2 Likes

My back is never really going to be right again as it was quite a severe fracture. It did heal quickly though. I spent 2 months not being able to get out of bed and then after radiotherapy they started me on physio. Within a month of that I could more or less walk but still wore a brace. I still have to be careful not to strain my back to much or lift heavy things or bend down too much but itā€™s better than it was and this year not too bad which is why I had some ambitious travel plans. Was going to the Faroe Islands on Friday but Iā€™ve found an online tour as a substituteā€¦

3 Likes

@Franko itā€™s really good to hear that your back healed quickly although I can only imagine how debilitating and tough that all must have been for you! As Erica said, it must have been such hard work and required so much strength and motivation.
I do hope that you still manage to see the Faroe Islands some day! It looks so beautiful there doesnā€™t it. In the mean time though, enjoy the online tour :laughing:
Take care! Alice

2 Likes

@Franko @Erica @Alice_BloodCancerUK I hope @Franko enjoys the online tour of the Faroe Islands. We were due to go on a rail tour of Scotland starting on Friday for my husbandā€™s 70th birthday, but have deferred until next year (I hope over 70s are going to be allowed out by then!!!). The television seems to be flooded with programmes with journeys of one of the journeys we should have been making, on the West Coast Mainline. In the meantime, any ideas for a replacement present for a man who does not need things???

2 Likes

If it was me Iā€™d prefer an experience of some sort as a present rather than more possessions to clutter up the house. Appreciate that might be slightly tricky in the current situation but maybe order in some sort of special food and wine and some entertainment that can be done online or delivered. Something to make the day special whilst heā€™s waiting for his trip to Scotland. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be allowed out before long just maybe not able to go on any long distance trips for a year or so. I think thinking of what I could do when I was back on my feet helped me through those difficult months in 2018 and as soon as I was able I was out the door and hopping on trains :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Franko @Erica our children have ordered food and drink treats. We tend to do experiences for children and older grandchildren, hence the holiday. His and younger sonā€™s Christmas present already cancelled ((a day at the test match in Edgbaston). We shall enjoy regardless :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi @Pisces56 and @Franko, I like the idea of special food and drink and I use it at every opportunity, I would now if I could get an online delivery slot !!! I have just remembered I have a box of choccies hidden away, yummy. Why does a treat = choccies, shortbread or certain cheeses in my mind. Yes, all calories. What are your treats?

@Franko @Erica We have had a delivery of cheeses and chutneyfrom one son and I know his wife has arranged another parcelā€¦probably beers. G does the shopping and we have had a lovely lunch of Italian antipasti today. There are croissants for breakfast tomorrow and he has developed a taste for Bendicks mints since getting some for me, so those and Lindt chocs are permanent fixtures. Oh joy, he managed to get some handwash for the first time since lockdown and found nailbrushes and Emery boards too. Ten years ago I won a stay in a luxury hotel in Bath. We still talk about Gā€™s cheeseboard. He chose what he wanted, then it was served with different accompaniments for each cheeseā€¦as well as usual grapes, celery etc

1 Like

Definitely choccy but more the posh ones/continental ones rather than the Cadbury ones. Majestic do wine deliveries too :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Franko and @Pisces56, the subject of food really wets our appetites, form a Cadbury milk girl (Iā€™m a cheap date)

Used to have a regular Virgin Wines delivery and go to their wine tastings, but my tolerance for alcohol and grapes is now nil, as are many of my favourite foods. I do like Hotel Chocolat when I am near one of their shops though

1 Like