If your blood cancer was an animal, what animal would it be and why?

I’m taking part in a research study for AML patients and was asked this question.
I wondered if any of you fancied answering it yourselves about your own particular brand of blood cancer. To get the ball rolling; here’s my answer:
A scorpion. Silent, stealthy and deadly, with a tough exterior that is hard to penetrate. If it attacks you, you will become rapidly incapacitated and will require immediate and aggressive treatment to survive it’s sting. If you try to attack it, it must be done with care or it will turn on you and attack you. It will sit under a rock waiting to pounce…

1 Like

Oh, Jane, when I read your brilliant answer I could really visualise the scorpion. Vivian and I came up with the same answer with our CLL animal, great minds think alike, I am a Galapagos tortoise plodding along and hopefully never reaching it’s destination of treatment.

1 Like

Hmmm so mine would be the most frightening animal to ever walk the earth but one I feel I currently have by the throat…so might have to get back to you on this while I give it some thought!!

To be announced!!!

1 Like

I’m veering off a bit here, but I’ve always likened my hairy cells (hairy cell leukaemia) to gremlins - hence I call them critters. I’ve not watched the gremlin movies since diagnosis, but I feel I should

2 Likes

Im a sloth,lethargic all the time and slow moving like my indolent mcl

2 Likes

Gremlins and critters are a really good way of describing it, I have a mental picture. thanks for letting us know. Let us know if you watch a gremlin movie.

1 Like

I think a sloth is so absolutely brilliant, I see things very visually.

1 Like

Im exactly the same.

2 Likes