Immunity to covid

Oh @Mickbrit what a 6 weeks you have had, you must have felt so ill, fed up and angry etc. at events.
2 1/2 yrs of shielding and then you get Covid in hospital, so unfair, as for having a chest infection and not being able to see your GP.
Perhaps you need to take loads of care of yourself as chest infections and also Covid symptoms can really linger.

2 Likes

1 week on Iā€™m still testing positive probable another day or so. I have a slight improvement but my lungs sometimes feel as though Iā€™m drowning producing so much gunge. I think itā€™s going to take a while before I get back to my previous level of fitness.

2 Likes

Hi @Mickbrit I have been thinking about you, how are you feeling now?
Look after yourself

To all interested in immunity:

I read an interesting snippet taken from a Dr Michael Mosley (he of 5:2 fame) podcast. Apparently, a daily mediation session has been proven to boost your immunity, if you stick with it for 2 months. In one study, a group of people had increased antibody response to the flu jab, if they had been mediating for 2 months beforehand. The deep relaxation also boosts memory and alters brain structure.

Since using self-hypnosis tracks to boost my positivity and certainty that I would get better, Iā€™m a great fan of the huge benefits of deep breaths, being mindful of your body relaxing, and visualising good health. Meditation and self-hypnosis are actually very similar.

This might be a useful practice for those here who like the idea of 20 minutes to themselves everyday, relaxing - and boosting their immunity whilst theyā€™re at it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fascinating @Fullofbeans.
Yes, I agree that at least 20 mins to myself is definitely a good idea and helps me have a better start to the day. It also helps me in the evening too.
Thanks @Fullofbeans and also for your handy hints.
Look after yourself

1 Like

Hi just looking through my husbandā€™s messages, sadly he passed away on the 24th June. COVID had ravaged his lungs. Thank you for your kind thoughts

2 Likes

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that your husband passed away.
Covid can be so cruel.
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.
This forum is also here for you and if you would like to speak to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you
Be ever so kind to yourself.

Oh my goodness, Iā€™m so sorry to hear about @Mickbrit. This news is very unexpected. Weā€™ll really miss him here. He was a lovely contributer.

How are you? You must be going through an awful time. I hope you have some friends/family providing support. Are you aware of the Blood Cancer UK helpline? Youā€™d be welcome to phone that for someone to talk to. And weā€™re here too, if you need us.

Iā€™m so, so sorry to hear this. X

1 Like

I am so so sorry to hear that your husband passed away. I just wanted to echo what has been said already and mention that our Support Services Team are here for you- if youā€™d find it helpful to talk anything through, if you need a bit of support right now, or just want someone to listen to you, please donā€™t hesitate to call us on 0808 2080 888. Or you can email us on support@bloodcancer.org.uk, if that feels better.

I can only imagine how difficult this must be right now. I do hope you have some support around you. Please take care of yourself and reach out if thereā€™s anything we can do to help you.

Best wishes,
Tanya.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to read this
There are no words but know your in my thoughts

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry to read this @Mickbrit, and as the other forum members have said itā€™s really kind of you to let us know.
It must be a very difficult time for your family. Please take care of yourself and each other.
Sending lots of love X

1 Like

A big thank you to you all for your kind thoughts and concerns. Itā€™s so sad that Mick caught Covid especially as he had successfully had treatment for Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) (never complained either). After being married for 56 years I do miss him so very much, but I am very thankful for the years that we did have. It is comforting to know that you are all there for support if needed. Wishing you all well in your lives xx

8 Likes

I feel so terrible that I did not ask how you are doing emotionally and practically?
56 yrs years is a very long time to be married and you miss him so much, what a void.
He was also much loved and appreciated on this forum.
Grief certainly is a never ending process and a rollercoaster and so individual, there is no right or wrong and those special dates and bank holidays can be hard.
Yes, we certainly are here for you.
Be kind to yourself and lots of love xxx

1 Like