Just Diagnosed with AML

That sure is a good friend @Fifimac, perhaps we find out who they really are.
I came out of hospital after an op on the evening of New Years Eve.
Went straight to bed and to sleep to be very rudely awoken by all the fireworks going off at midnight !!!
Enjoy binging The Crown and fingers crossed for you on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Happy Christmas @Fifimac! What a diamond your friend is, coming to see you today! You are clearly loved.

Very glad your hospital Xmas dinner was good. They can pull it out of the bag on occasion, huh? Bless our NHS - another diamond of a friend to us.

Iā€™ve had a wonderful day with my teenage son, thanks. And weā€™ve spoken to my husband, who has fortunately felt well today, and managed to enjoy some delicious food. Really hope your husband is ok.

Ooh I enjoyed The Crown - have watched it all. I wonā€™t spoil the ending :smile: :wink:.

Hope the NHS can rustle up a hot choc or another treat before bed time.

So glad youā€™re in good spirits. X X

2 Likes

@Fifimac glad your friend visited and I hope you get home tomorrow. Take care

2 Likes

That sounds like a fantastic friend! Enjoy the rest of your day and hope you got home today? X

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you had a good day to @Fullofbeans X

2 Likes

Hi @Nichola75

Yes Iā€™m very fortunate with the friends I have.
Being in the Hospital yesterday wasnā€™t all bad.
Everyone tried to make it as cheery as possible, and to be honest I am very lucky to be feeling quite well.

I hope youā€™re enjoying the festive season too and you are keeping well :blush:

I am still hoping to get home tomorrow after I have spoken with my Consultant.

I hope you have a lovely Boxing Day :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @ Fullofbeans & TimeE

Well Iā€™m not getting home today after all !
My partner still testing positive and my Neutrophils have dropped slightly so itā€™s back to injection tonight to boost the marrow.

Itā€™s disappointing to say the least , but it is better to be safer than sorry as they say.
Itā€™s rubbish on my partner as he is in the house on his own. At least I have the ward staff around me.
Hopefully heā€™ll test negative and he can at least get back in here to visit :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

All in all , itā€™s not ideal but could be worse , Iā€™m getting fed, watered and kept warm :blush::blush: some people donā€™t have any of these luxuries.

I hope everyone doing well :kissing_heart: x x x

2 Likes

Oh @Fifimac so you are still in hospital.
I am so glad that you can still see the positives of your situation.
Please keep updating us.

1 Like

I just came on the forum to see if you had managed to get home today!
You really are seeing the positives in a rubbish situation. I canā€™t wait until you two are reunited - hopefully sooner rather than late X

2 Likes

Oh @Fifimac, what bad luck - but well done for finding some positives in there. Yes, itā€™s hard to believe, but I suspect there are those out there who would relish a nice, warm hospital room with hospital food, at the moment. And as you say, it canā€™t be easy for your partner either. I hope heā€™s not feeling too ill?

Oh I had those neutriphil injections for a bit - they did the trick. How are you feeling in yourself? I hope youā€™re not too tired or nauseous.

Well, everything crossed your partner gets a negative test quickly! Itā€™s such a hard time of year to be separated.

Take care. X

2 Likes

Hi @ Fullofbeans

Ironically my partner is feeling quite well now but still has 2 dark lines showing !
He wonā€™t be allowed into see me until he returns negative result.

I really try to keep a positive mental attitude as thatā€™s whatā€™s getting me through this :blush:
Everyone copes in their own way and thereā€™s no right or wrong.
Iā€™m hoping my neutrophils start settling soon.

Hope your husband is ok and getting nearer to home :crossed_fingers:t2:

Take care x x

3 Likes

Ah, Iā€™m glad heā€™s feeling ok - just frustrating those test lines arenā€™t changing! My husband also feels much better, but is also still testing positive. He wonā€™t be back until the 6th Jan though - he does a month at a time at sea. But at least we know where we are with that, unlike you both.

Yes, we all somehow claw our way through the rough times in our own unique ways. Mine was to close my eyes and go to sleep! It was staggering how much I could sleep. I was very grateful though. : )

Hopefully some better news for you tomorrow, @Fifimacā€¦ X

2 Likes

Hi folks

Well I am finally home :dancer::dancer: Consultant Microbiologist deemed it safe for me to come out yesterday. It was great news. Iā€™ve had a fantastic sleep , no 4 hourly Obs or trolleys rumbling up and down the corridors during the night :joy::joy:

I donā€™t know how long exactly I will be home for as I am awaiting results of 2nd chemo ( bone marrow test ) I have to go back in for cycle 3 when the time is right. However I am going to enjoy being at home for now.

I hope everyone is doing okay :blush: has anyone heard how Valentine is since her bone marrow test ?

Take care folks :umbrella::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Hi @Fifimac your joy at getting home really comes from your post and I am sitting here with a great big smile on my face.
There is certainly nothing like your own bed is there.
Enjoy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s really great news! Enjoy being home and I dokey in everything. You deserve it!!! X

1 Like

Happy New Year to everyone when it comes , we can only try to remain positive, continue to support each other as best we can :blush:šŸ«¶šŸ» there will be highs & lows Iā€™m sure, but weā€™re in this together. Lots of love & best wishes to you all :purple_heart: x x x

2 Likes

Always in it together x

3 Likes

@Fifimac Glad you got home.
Well I was admitted last Wednesday and had first dose of chemo on Thursday. Second should have been Saturday but this been put back to Tuesday. On the positive side I did not have any real bad side effects just aches, high temp and feeling very tired, but all in all I cannot complain. I am currently home for few hours which is nice I was also allowed home yesterday afternoon again for a few hours. It is nice to get home but very hard to leave to go back in.

Happy New Year to you all, and all the very best for 2023.

4 Likes

Oh @TimE great to know that you have got home for a few hours,
but it must be so, so hard to leave to go back ā€˜inā€™.
Yes, a very healthy, happy New Year to all our wonderful, supportive forum family

3 Likes

Happy New Year, @TimE - I hope 2023 brings a full restoration to health for you. And Iā€™m so glad the chemo hasnā€™t been too bad so far - thatā€™s a little win to be starting off with.

Enjoy your spells at home, and take it easy.

3 Likes