Macrocytosis how best to deal with it

Hi @jumbo4 and @Willow, if only it were controlled by diet I would follow that diet to the letter.
When I was diagnosed 17 yrs ago I was told that it was not diet dependent, but over the years our dietary advice has changed and I have increased my fruit and veg, general vitamins, minerals and roughage, perhaps more fish and less meat.
But psychologically I do have the odd sweet treat as well !!!
My bloods do not seem to have changed with those changes

1 Like

Hello @jumbo4. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my previous post. I am thinking of you at this time as you wait to hear whether your ET is transforming to MF. Please, if you feel able, let us know how things go for you over the next few weeks. Regarding diet and the enlargement of the red blood cells, sadly I think you are correct and it is caused by the mutations and disease process, rather than diet. Yes, @Erica, if only it was as simple as following a special diet! I am afraid that another one of my pet hates (along with comments on how well I look) is when people try to tell me that all I need to do is take vitamins!! Warm wishes. Willow

1 Like

Oh @Willow, yes, I agree, it is another of my pet hates when someone says all I need is to do is take vitamins !!!

1 Like