My husband is covid positive and I have ET

Hi just wanted to say how worried I am as I’ve just turned 70 and had ET for about 11 months, my husband has had a lot of congestion for a couple of weeks we go nowhere haven’t seen grandchildren only from in house, he is coughing a lot but doesn’t have a temperature only found out today as I was concerned about his coughing we both hat a negative Lateral test Monday which couldn’t have been correct and Tuesday he sent of a kit from home and today positive. I’ve had my best today awaiting results??!! I’m so frightened as I know I am at a much greater risk we live in small bungalow and hes been coughing for days but thought it only catarrh. Sorry long moan just so upset we had our Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks tomorrow .

1 Like

@JanPS We’re so sorry to hear how much concern this has caused you, and no need to apologise at all- it’s so understandable to feel worried- especially so during a time like this.

We do hope you’ve both been able to get all the support and guidance you need since your husband tested positive? this can’t be easy for either of you.
Has there been any opportunity to talk through your concerns with your treatment team as well?

As you say Jan, having that additional worry of living in a smaller space must also understandably play on your mind- how has this been for you?

Please do keep reaching out and let us know how you’re doing Jan, and in the meantime, please do feel free to have a look at our Staying Safe webpage here: Coronavirus: support for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK which talks through our tips and advice on what you can do to keep as safe as possible during this time, including when living with others.

Su

1 Like

Hi @JanPS, gosh you have both a couple of scary weeks.
I am so glad you posted and you have as long a post as you like, nothing is a moan on here.
How can we support you if we do not know what is going on for you.
I am so glad that you both had your Phizer vaccines two weeks ago, which appears to be when your husbands symptoms began.
All you can do is carry out the government guidelines with very good hygiene, perhaps wear masks, I don’t know and avoid each other as much as you can in a small bungalow.
If you would like to talk you can contact the Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (10am-7pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-1pm Saturday and Sunday) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk.
I expect your poor husband is feeling rough and just as upset as well.
Please let us know how you both get on. Take care both of you and try to stay safe.

Thank you so much such a relief to talk about it, Luckily at the moment my husband doesn’t have a temperature but a bit breathless and coughing o hope this is as bad as it gets but all the statistics are very frightening. Thank you once again Jan

1 Like

Thanks for replying Su, just needed to get it of my chest, I will try and speak to my health team tomorrow might be helpful, I the meantime I will be waiting on my husband think he is quite enjoying his solitude and hope he improves and doesn’t get any more symptoms. Thanks so much Jan

3 Likes

I hope you manage to speak to your team today @JanPS . If there’s anything you want to talk through with us please do give us a shout. If easier feel free to just send your number and best times to call to support@bloodcancer.org.uk and we can get something arranged. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Hi @JanPS . How are things? Did you manage to speak to your health team?

1 Like

Hi thank you for enquiring I didn’t contact them as I have had a negative test result and my husband seems to be a bit improved today, thanks for your support x

3 Likes

That’s good to hear! Do get in touch with them though if you have any concerns or anything changes. Glad to hear your husband seems to be improving!

1 Like

Thats great news! Glad things are going in the right direction x

2 Likes

Oh @JanPS, I am pleased you got a negative test result and that your husband has improved a bit please keep us updated.

2 Likes

@JanPS hopefully your husband will recover soon and you can stop worrying. Never apologise for coming somewhere for help that’s designed to help you. Let us know how things progress.

2 Likes

Thank you all, you are all so kind and supportive. X

3 Likes