New diagnosis

Your story resonated with me so powerfully. I presented to my GP with kidney issues in April (after a period of fatigue, weight loss, infections), kidney biopsy, bone marrow biopsy, PET scan all followed and multiple myeloma confirmed end June. I have since undergone 12 weeks of induction chemo and am now in hospital having just received high dose chemo and stem cell transplant. Feeling rough right now but please know there is a pathway to treat this disease and it’s not as awful as you imagine.

4 Likes

Thanks everybody……Clare, your message was warmly welcomed. Im about to begin my first treatment tomorrow. It is very helpful to hear your journey that bit ahead of my own. I hope you begin to feel better soon from your stem cell transplant.

Ive been keeping my head down the last few weeks. After the biopsy there was a bit of a high followed by more increased anxiety awaiting my next appointment. Anyways treatment day is almost here - getting the cocktail of 4. Daratumumab, thalidomide, dexamethasone and bortezamib - spellings may be a bit off !! Itll be administered twice a week for 2 consecutive weeks then 2 weeks off for 4 months. Bit nervous wondering how im how im going to react with side effects etc- however also getting into the mindset of ‘the fight back begins tomorrow :muscle::muscle:

Thanks everybody for their support. Hope you begin to feel better soon, Clare - one step closer to living a normal life :muscle::heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Clare1 a great big welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experiences to help a fellow forum member.
You have certainly gone through a lot since April.
I have found it is an emotional, physically, psychological and practical journey myself, I wonder if you have.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling rough at the moment. If you would like to talk to the Blood Cancer UK support line the number is 0808 2080 888.
Please keep posting and really look after yourself.

Hi @Ela789 I think the unknown is scary so I will be thinking of you as you start your treatment.
Be ever so kind and look after yourself and please do keep posting

1 Like