New here not sure where to post but am pretty worried

Hello,

I got diagnosed with AML early January and have had 4 chemotherapies. Unfortunately I relapsed to soon and have been told I can’t have the transplant. I’ve also bee got leukemia cutis. Which I know once you get is proper bad news. I’m starting sooo many remedies now from cottage cheese & flaxseed oil to rick Simpson oil & turermic/black pepper.
Just wondered If there was any AML survivors from as rubbish stage I am at. As stats I’ve seen are pretty horrendous and I don’t want to just think this is the end for however long.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Cgwall97 a great big welcome to our forum, I am so glad that you have found us, you must have had a scary 6 mths, especially if you have been trawling the Internet.
Especially sites abroad often look at medical issues differently.
I am not in your situation, but perhaps just stick with this Blood Cancer UK forum, their website and support line above and other reputable sites.
Personally I do not think there are any miracle foods or supplements otherwise we would all be consuming them by the bucket load.
I believe in a balanced diet, fresh air and appropriate exercise but also the odd treats.
Obviously follow your medical teams advice but if you are not satisfied you can always ask for a second opinion.
You can also say all your fears, thoughts, practicalities and feelings along with your questions with your medical team.
I was diagnosed 17 yrs ago and read on the Internet that I had a 5 -10 yrs life expectancy.
I hope others will be of more help to you, but we all support each other on here as we often share similar fears, thoughts and feelings.
Take care of yourself and keep posting.

2 Likes

@Cgwall97a warm welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear you’re going through what sounds like such a difficult and worrying time. Have your treating team given you other options at this stage? We are only at the end of the phone on 0808 2080 888 or email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk if you would find it helpful to talk things through with us or if there’s anything we can do to support you.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. My father has LC too, want to talk? How are you doing so far?

1 Like