Newly diagnosed with follicular lymphoma

A great big welcome @Mark6774 and yes, I also find my support on this forum, it is the one place I can really say how it is to be me.
Personally I keep on at my medical team how I am feeling, the severity and impact on my life. I also make sure they know what self medications I am taking just in case they alter my blood test results.
Yes, getting a good restful nights sleep is really important to how my brain thinks and I function.
Yes, talking about what is going on for me or posting on here really does help me
Look after yourself and I look forward to hearing more about you.

2 Likes

Always here for any support/chat Marie.

1 Like

Hi Erica,

Well, Iā€™m at work today. Sloan called for the surgical biopsy directions, to be done this Monday. They first said I would be asleep, now they said I would be able to be awake enough to follow commands. If thatā€™s the case, then Iā€™ll probably feel everything. Although my biopsies at Maimonides werenā€™t too bad. They said my procedure would take an HOUR! Are they taking out pieces of my lymph nodes or my entire spleen! It took a total of 15 minutes in the other hospital. Any thoughts on why this time the procedure would take so long. I was afraid to ask. My hands are still shaking. When I see patients and look into their ears, I can barely hold the otoscope straight. I canā€™t concentrate. All I keep doing is analyzing my previous biopsy results. Looking up key words. Hoping to find a mistake. I want to cry! Iā€™m sorry for being self-centered. How are you today?

Marie

3 Likes

Hi @Sebbyc13 glad to hear you are at work.
I think all biopsies are individual .
Personally I would tell my medical team how anxious I am and what sorts of sedation is available. Also I would ask the medical team what the biopsy involves and how long the procedure will take approximately.
I believe it is best to be as relaxed as possible which I realise is so, so difficult.
I certainly do not think you are self centred, I remember being just where you are 20 yrs ago when I was diagnosed.
Thanks so much for asking how I am, I am awaiting a letter from a cardiologist about the way forward and it just doesnā€™t appear !!!
Everything you are going through is so natural, just keep posting it is all consuming for you at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi @Sebbyc13. Iā€™m
just catching up on the posts and can see youā€™ve been getting out of bed, trying to get out and doing other things. Thatā€™s a real achievement.
As @Erica said, I always ask for sedation. Is somebody coming with you to the hospital?
Remember the support line is there and is great if you need to talk things through before the appointment . Remember, itā€™s small steps X

2 Likes

Hi sebby, how are you now? How are you finding things? Iā€™ve just been diagnosed as well. im absolutely devastated . I cant get my head around it .x

4 Likes

A great big welcome @mumma.bear sorry to hear that you just been diagnosed.
No wonder you are absolutely divested and if anything like me in shock as well.
I am not surprised as it took me a long while to get my head around my diagnosis.
I would say just give yourself time and be very kind to yourself.
Please do keep posting as I really do want to hear more about you.
Look after yourself

2 Likes

Hi Erica , thank you so much for youā€™re reply, yes its definitely shocking to say the leastā€¦ ive been going backwards and forwards with my doctorā€™s for years , being told i was fine and probably an early menopauseā€¦ finding this forum is a god send . Theres so many people ok and living with it , i didnā€™t realise and had written myself off :upside_down_face: thank you again for youā€™re kind words . X

4 Likes