Poll: Did you feel comfortable in being able to ask questions to your medical team?

@Erica @Franko It is so very encouraging to read about your positive experiences in being able to reach out to other in a similar situation, people who can really relate.
@franko that must have been so tough for you, having some of your loved ones back away?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone really knows how to treat people with this kind of condition and when the diagnosis is terminal. People are probably afraid of THAT difficult conversation. I’ve always been very open about what I’ve been through and happy to talk about it to anyone who wants to but at the same time being conscious that its not for everyone and not ramming it down people’s throats. Yesterday I did a talk at Macmillan about my experiences as part of their new staff induction day and overran as I talk too much but people responded well.

2 Likes

I think that is so true, nobody knows how to be around us when we are newly diagnosed and everyone deals with things in their own way, I certainly did not know how to be. It sounds as if you are doing great work with Macmillan.

1 Like

Great work talking at Macmillan. I am sure they found it very informative, and you probably felt good afterwards. Sounds as if you and I have similar problems keeping to time limits :joy:

1 Like

Giving talks is so amazing and really does give us more insight into your journeys in your own words. Reminds us why we do what we do, raises awareness and provides us with learning to improve the services going forward.

You have so much valuable information to give, I’m sure they could have carried on listening to you sharing your story.

3 Likes