Possible second cancer

I got my results today and it is breast cancer- DCIS. It is low grade and treatable, but still feeling devastated with this on top of everything else.

1 Like

Hi, I think it is a case of ‘final straw’ with feelings sometimes and I do not blame you for feeling like that. Take care and please keep posting we are all here for you and don’t for the Bloodwise support line details above and your local Macmillan services. Has anyone else had a similar experience?.

I’m sorry to hear this @SP7 , totally understandable that you’re feeling devastated. I can only imagine how overwhelming it all must be for you. May I ask how you’re getting on?

1 Like

Not too bad thankyou. I am being referred to St George’s for genetic testing. Possible lumpectomy in November depending on the outcome of the tests.

1 Like

Oh, it’s still the waiting game, please let us know all about the genetic testing and how it goes as it is the up and coming test for so many conditions, but also keep us posted how you are feeling emotionally. Take care.

It does sound as if everyone concerned is doing their best for you. Unfortunately having treatment for blood cancers can sometimes make it more likely that we will have another cancer visit us. I am of an age that qualify for bowel, breast and cervical checks, and had them all last year, but despite clear results I still feel anxious. I hope you soon have a plan for care in place. Best wishes

1 Like