Random Acts of Kindness

I have just received a random act of kindness in the post in the form of a thank you card from somewhere I volunteer with, I feel that I am a lucky girl and smile every time I look at the card.

1 Like

@Erica @Willow thank you both for sharing such lovely personal experiences.
As you both touch on, it must be such a rewarding feeling both when you’re receiving something but have also been able to give back in some way too :+1:

Will be lovely to hear more experiences from our forum community! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I want to share my story. Two days ago, luxurious flowers were brought to our ward, they were brought to everyone on the floor. Thank you to the owners of flower delivery northampton. I have no relatives and few acquaintances, let alone those who could somehow take care of me, so any attention and care is pleasing. I am very touched. Sorry, I forgot to clarify that they were artificial and it was agreed upon beforehand

3 Likes

A kind gesture but I am surprised fresh flowers were allowed to be brought in to the hospital. In my experience most NHS hospitals don’t allow flowers to be brought in for patients due to risk of bacteria, pollen, spillage or broken glass etc if vases are needed. For example I am allergic to all fresh flowers and a lot of plants too. Just wanted to highlight that in case others were unaware and were thinking of taking flowers. Best to check with the ward first. Warm wishes. Willow

1 Like

Flowers are a lovely touch but I haven’t seen or been allowed to have flowers in hospital since 2017 like willow says it’s best to check before sending if anyone is thinking about it

Edit
I would never have thought of artificial flowers.
I know how much flowers put a smile on my face
@JanisAnd what a lovely pick me up for you all on the ward

2 Likes

How lovely @JanisAnd what a thoughtful act of kindness bringing artificial flowers to you all, thank you for sharing it with us! How are you doing?

2 Likes

Hi @JanisAnd what a lovely random act of kindness and I also would never have thought of artificial flowers, you can get some really lovely ones.
When I got home after an operation a friend brought me a jar of hot chocolate (my reputation goes before me) and it really was the most wonderful gift and pick me up that she could have got me, it still puts a smile on my face when I think of it now.

2 Likes