Severe itching have ET

Sorry meant Nicola, xx

2 Likes

Hi a wee update on the itching front, gabapenton been uped and working well, at the moment I am in hospital got brought in on sat with suspected COVID-19, thankfully test came back negative, got to have another one today, they say it might just be a bad chest infection. I have taken all precautions, been so careful, but doc told me it so easy to get infected. Sorry to be so down but please all stay safe and take care, xxxxx

1 Like

@ladicaz so pleased the itching treatment is working well for you but Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re currently in hospital! Really hope todayā€™s test comes back negative but that you recover from whichever one it is, quickly. I can imagine itā€™s a worrying time for you so do give us a call if thereā€™s anything we can do to support you. Do keep us updated on here if you feel up to it! Wishing you all the very best, Alice

2 Likes

Hi @ladicaz, I am glad the itching problem is getting better but now there you are in hospital with suspected Covid, that must have been a tremendous shock and worry, even if it turns out to be a bad chest infection that is nasty too. The main thing is you take this time to get better and stay safe and keep posting.

1 Like

Hi just to let you know that second covid test negative, its pneumonia I have, xxxx

1 Like

@ladicaz, thanks so much for letting us know that your 2nd Covid test is negative, mind you pneumonia is pretty nasty, so take lots of care of yourself. Please keep posting how you are doing.

1 Like

@ladicaz Iā€™ve got everything crossed you have a speedy recovery! Take good care and remember we are here if you need support.

2 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery x

2 Likes

Hello Carol. Iā€™m so glad that you finally found something to help the itching but sorry to hear that the year has brought you such a shocking bereavement and further health problems. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. X
(Possibly posted twice due to fluffing up the buttons!)

2 Likes

Hi @ladicaz, I was just wondering how you are feeling now?

1 Like

Hi Erica, got home on Wed, still feeling breathless when I move about, but hubby looking after me, didnā€™t realise how much pneumonia takes out of you, keep falling asleep at odd times, thanks for asking, xxx

1 Like

Glad you are home. Make sure you take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting on. Sending special wishes your way X

2 Likes

Hi @ladicaz, yes, I believe pneumonia really does really take it out of you, perhaps rest is naturally needed and let your hubby look after you and keep posting how you are.

2 Likes

Glad you managed to get home and that your husband is looking after you :slight_smile: Take care! Alice

3 Likes

Thanks Nicholas, just so glad it wasnā€™t covid19, xxxx

1 Like

Thanks Alice, been well looked after, xxx

3 Likes

Sorry Nichola have done it again xxx

2 Likes

Hi everyone, hope you all had a safe and happy festive season. It has been totally different to previous years, but we should be happy with who we spent it with.
An update on my itching, spoke to dermatologist and she said antihistamines donā€™t work on neuropathic itch, she said to stop antihistamines one by one, so am off antihistamines all together, so now when I start itching I use Dermacool 5% which takes about 20 - 30 mins to work but when it starts numbing it is so good. I donā€™t get so agitated now when it starts as I know it wont be long till itā€™s gone, starting phototherapy later in the year, if things are back to a kind of normal. Hope everyone keeping well, love to all Carol xxx

2 Likes

Hi Carol, thanks so much for the update on your itching, that is really interesting what your dermatologist said and really good news that you are on Dermacool.
I was also intrigued that it has also stopped you getting so agitated which is really beneficial.
It sounds as if you really know yourself so well.
Please keep letting us know how you are doing and feeling and of course when you start your phototherapy.
The main thing is that you take care and stay safe.

Really pleased @ladicaz that you are starting to make progress. Youā€™ve had such a tough time but hopefully can start to move forward now. Hopefully we all can. Do keep checking in with us and let us know how you are doing.

1 Like